• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grooming

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Frankie moutls a LOT. Being a rex i imagine that's pretty standard but Fidget grooms him all the time and i'm a little worrid she's going to ingest too much fur. I brush him everyday but it doesn't seem to work :roll: Anyone have any ideas on what i can do?

When you groom him do you use as a brush or comb? With ours I use a brush, but also moisten my hands slightly to get off loose fur - it then tends to get loads off. Mind you that's with normal bunnies, as we don't have any rexes. You could pm Jacks-Jane to see if she does anything different :)

Yeah i do pluck him too, hard work getting all of it haha. I use a brush, it seems to do the trick for all of 10 minutes. So now the daily frankie routine consists of eye bath, cream for his feet, brushing and plucking, panacur (just started 28 day course) and double checking his leg wound! Gosh he is a high maintenance bun. Fidge just sits there and watches :lol:

Yeah i do pluck him too, hard work getting all of it haha. I use a brush, it seems to do the trick for all of 10 minutes. So now the daily frankie routine consists of eye bath, cream for his feet, brushing and plucking, panacur (just started 28 day course) and double checking his leg wound! Gosh he is a high maintenance bun. Fidge just sits there and watches :lol:

What always makes me laugh is when I hear folk say 'oh, of course Rexes dont moult'.................:shock:

I have a carrier bag full of Rex fur to proove they most definately do !!

That's crazy! I always thought rexes moulted the most, don't really understand how people would think otherwise. Frankie seems to be proving me right :lol:

whilst we are on the subject....Dumpling is immaculate, always grooming, whereas Stew does it very little, dumpling grooms her a bit but her feet are not very clean where she keeps standing in dumplings wee when he sprays and her belly a bit too, is this normal that she isn't too fussed? anything i can do? x

I'm not sure about that but i would hazard a guess as to its down to the individual bun how much they groom. Frankie hardly ever grooms himself which is why i'm not as worried about him moulting as i am for fidget as she is constantly grooming herself and frankie

1) get a bowl of water
2) Wet your hand
3) gently comb your hand on the bunny's fur so your hand grab the fur off the bun

The above helps the fur to shed their fur and get rid off the fur so they can't lick on them. This way, neither your bun or his companion will get fur in their body

Back