• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Helen & Baby Saint & Baby Leverets.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Well we went yesterday to Bunny Burrows in Richmond, North Yorkshire to collect Helen and baby Saint it was great to see them again and they look so well. Baby Saint has grown since last time we saw her and they both travelled well back to Lancashire with us.
We settled them in for the night and they looked happy and content and as I looked at them both I wonderd just what they have had to endure before they found safety. God Knows what was done to them for them to have such injuries but the most important thing is now they are safe in their 'forever home' and nobody will ever hurt them again.

While we were at Bunny Burrows Gwen showed us two baby Leverets that she is hand rearing at the moment, they are absolutely beautiful and I was honoured to be lucky enough to hold one of them which is something you don't get to do everyday!

you can read about the leverets and how they ended up at Bunny Burrows

http://www.communigate.co.uk/ne/bunnyburrows/page37.phtml

I took some photos of them while I was there....

2-5-09007.jpg

2-5-09003.jpg

My Turn to hold one.

2-5-09005.jpg

Maysie xx

Last edited:
So pleased that there is a happy ending for the rabbits. How can humans be so cruel? But then it is nice to read about the workmen who took the baby leverets to the rescue as some people might have just left them.

Can we see some pics of Helen and Baby Saint? I read their story on the other site. I am so happy for them now :D

Rabswood

ok, sorry for the really dim question... but whats a leveret? is that the name for a wild bunny baby?

they look mighty gorgeous :love::love:

ok, sorry for the really dim question... but whats a leveret? is that the name for a wild bunny baby?

they look mighty gorgeous :love::love:

Hi I wondered the same thing , i've just googled it and it says: A leveret is a very young hare, usually less than one year old. :D

They are very cute. :love::love:

Back