• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sorry, can you remind me please ...

happypreso

Alpha Buck
when can my male rabbit go back with my female rabbit? Star (my female rabbit) was spayed on Monday and is doing great :D when can they live together again? I have 14 days (from the op) in the head ... is that right? :oops:

It was 18 days after Fidget's spay that she was bonded with Frankie :). I don't know the general rule, i think it depends on the individual bun and how well they have recovered and healed

I think it depends on the buns in question, but I wouldn't put them together before 2 weeks. This gives her time to heal properly, internally as well as externally.

But as I said it depends on the buns. My bonded pair went back in together after a week, as Autumn didn't bother with her stitches etc and had healed, and charlie is a really laid back bun to begin with, and it was Autumn who was humping him!

Sophie chewed through her stitches three days on, and was not healed( if you get what I mean) three weeks after her initial op, she went for her stitches removed, so she couldn't be bonded when I expected her to be either!

I think it is a case of be sensible, think about the op she has just went through, would you want to be harrased by a randy member of the opposite sex

Thank you both, Star is healing really well and hasn't touched her stitches/scar so she is being a good bunny too.

I will see how things go then, I am going to put her in a run today to limit her exercise (she normally has the run of the garden) as she is dying to get out ... also her and bugs can 'see' each other too (Bugs is being really sweet and comes to the Stars hutch to say hello to her). I wont actually put them together yet though, like I say she is doing really well and I dont want a male rabbit to spoil that.

Thanks everyone.

Back