• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does panacur work on mites?

No panacur is an internal parasite medicine ( worms). Depending on the type of mites you are dealing with there are some effective treatments available. I use Ivermectin on the buns.

No panacur is an internal parasite medicine ( worms). Depending on the type of mites you are dealing with there are some effective treatments available. I use Ivermectin on the buns.

Do i need to get that from a vet or can i get it somewhere else?

Is it for a bun? It's wise to get the diagnosis confirmed, easily done with a sample and there are different strengths of Ivermectin on the market so depending on what you are dealing with, some products may be more or less effective and doses are species and weight specific.

Is it for a bun? It's wise to get the diagnosis confirmed, easily done with a sample and there are different strengths of Ivermectin on the market so depending on what you are dealing with, some products may be more or less effective and doses are species and weight specific.

Its for my nethie Sweep, we believe hes got mites.

Its for my nethie Sweep, we believe hes got mites.

Ivermectin is a good choice, you can get Xeno 450 from the vets, or you can buy it online. Watch the strength if you buy it from other than your vet ( I have the drops at 0.8% ). You can get an Ivermectin based spot on from places like Pets at Home, but again watch the strength as it is a lot lower and far less effective than the Xeno.

Ivermectin is a good choice, you can get Xeno 450 from the vets, or you can buy it online. Watch the strength if you buy it from other than your vet ( I have the drops at 0.8% ). You can get an Ivermectin based spot on from places like Pets at Home, but again watch the strength as it is a lot lower and far less effective than the Xeno.

I got some Ivermectin spot on and treated Sweep, it says if symptoms don't improve within 7 days see a vet. So i will keep a close eye on him. Thanks for the advice :)

Back