• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Broccoli

maymie

Young Bun
This may be a stupid question but when you give a rabbit broccoli, can you give them the whole thing or just the stalk? I usually just give mines the stalk but just wondered if they can have the top bit too.

Thanks!

Amy :D

Yep I cut off one 'flower' and cut it in half for a pair of buns. Don't give too much though as it can cause gas / bloat

yes like all cabadges, they should not be given in too much quantity and too often because of gas possibilities.. I give her a full flower with its little trunk and leaves, and I slice the big trunk and give a slice so she has not got too much in one go and she loves it !

i break the florets off the main bit and just feed them... my pair adore broccoli :love::love:

to start off i would only give about 25g-50g a day and gradually increase over a few months, my two get through 4 broccolis a week now and its not cheap :shock::shock::lol::lol:

We eat the "tree" bits with dinner and give him what is left of the stalk to dig his teeth into... goes mad for it! :D

We normally have a bunch of a brocolli and I just chop it all up and spread it all over the garden, they love it :D

Back