• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions about this hutch?

Lessie

Alpha Buck
Hi there,

Firstly I am not buying this hutch at all but am curious of what you think of it because I just remembered I e-mailed them last year complaining why don't they sell proper hutches for rabbits with a minimum size of 6ft x 2ft x 2ft or a 5ft x 2ft double storey.

As I know there a lot of irresposible rabbit owners who does not provide their rabbits an attached run or a decent sized runs, and they buy lots of 4ft or 3 ft hutches from that website. So that's why I complained. Even though my rabbit lives in a 4ft hutch BUT she has got a 16ft x 9ft attached run to her hutch which she gets access into every single day for at least 10 hours.

Anyway they did e-mail me back saying they have had many complaints from customers so they have designed this one;

http://www.bitsforpets.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_450&products_id=3391

So I was just whondering if any of you purchased this and what are your thoughts about this?

Last edited:
I'm not keen on the plastic trays - I have something similar for my guinea pig, the tray in mine doesn't seem very strong, especially for a rabbit.

The dimensions seem a bit weird. The overall height is 4 ft, but that probably includes the pointed roof bit. But for the bottom level they say the height is 38 cms, which is a lot less than 2 ft. I think each level should be higher.
And they ask "where else could you get a 5ft by 2ft double story hutch", and my answer is Ryedale Hutches, and with high enough levels and of much better quality. :) For twice the price, though.

The bottom hutch is only 15 inches high which is way too low for bunnies. The top hutch is only 24 inches at the apex so bunnies can only periscope in one position - not a good idea I'm afraid :?

Back