• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dumpling is sooooo quiet

PearlyGirl

Mama Doe
Dumpling has been for his first injection today, when Stew had hers she was fine afterwards but Dumpling is very quiet and subdued. He has had a drink but nothing to eat yet, and is just sat in his house.Is this normal reaction after an injection? could he just be sulking with me? (he wasn't happy at the vets!)

Hes probs just stressed out from the vets especially if it was his 1st time there none of my buns have ever had a reaction to thier injections and have been fine. Hope he comes round soon:D x

Which injection was it that he had, Myxo or VHD? Your vaccination card will tell you, and if it was VHD it should also tell you whether it was Lapinject or Cyclap that he had.

Most bunnies are fine after their vaccionation but there are still quite a number of bunnies (especially lately) who are having side effects, but more particularly from the VHD Cyclap vaccine.

I would keep an eye on him and make sure he starts eating soon and check for poos to make sure he is pooing, you don't want him going into stasis.

He has had the myxi, done a small poo but still sat there doing nothing, Stew is just snoozing next to him, she can't understand it i don't think!!!
Stew is having the 2nd injection next week then Dumpling the week after, is there any difference between the two types?? x

I think he may have had a tummy ache...he's done a rather smelly poo, bit loose too, now he is running riot, humping everything in sight....the dog glared at him and i think he got the message not to go there so he is now thumping his feet!!!
What do you do btw if they have a poorly tum? anything? i know to restrict to hay and water but is there anything else or just let nature take it's course?? xx

Back