• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Life can be so unbearably cruel

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We have just lost Stanley :cry::cry: We can't quite believe it and are in total shock. I have never seen anything like it :(

Our vets were fantastic and pulled out all the stops for him but it was just too much for him and we had to let him go.

I just can't comprehend how a bunny can live for 4 years in the most awful, disgusting damp and dirty conditions, with no attention and a horrendous diet and then come to us and be given everything a bunny could need and then get so sick in a matter of weeks. It is just so :censored: unfair.
Stanley was so happy here, I had his castration booked in and he had a fantastic girly bun lined up for him :(

I know we shouldn't have favourites but the moment I saw him we had a special bond. He was just so wonderful :love: Everytime I saw him he made me smile. I can't believe we will never see him again, it is just too much :(

Stanley had everything to look forward to, I can't believe how unfair life can be, to take everything away from him before he had ever really got the chance to enjoy it :cry::cry:

I will post a proper tribute in RB when I can cope with it, but for now here is a piccy i took just a couple of days ago munching on an apple branch

stan.jpg

Last edited:
Its heartbreaking, but atleast things were good for him when he passed rather then passing while living how he previously did. *Hugs* xxx

So sorry you've lost another treasured bunny. :cry:
Binky Free Stanley. x

I just can't comprehend how a bunny can live for 4 years in the most awful, disgusting damp and dirty conditions, with no attention and a horrendous diet and then come to us and be given everything a bunny could need and then get so sick in a matter of weeks.

I once asked the same thing about Caspian, he had chronic problems and needed intensive nurseing for days at a time and I lost him within 8 weeks...yet he came from a cramped hutch, never let out, fed complete rubbish and hadn't seen a vet in his life, his owner quite literally didn't give a :censored: if he lived or died.

Someone told me that some rabbits seem to hold on until they feel safe to leave, like they are waiting for that soft touch & gentle voice to tell them it's OK and that when someone actually cares whether they live or die they have found the comfort they have been holding on for.

I like to think it's true.

Aww Im so sorry:(:( Thats real sad maybe he just suffered too much neglect and couldnt go on... At least he knew love for the short time he was with you and went while he was happy x x x x x

Someone told me that some rabbits seem to hold on until they feel safe to leave, like they are waiting for that soft touch & gentle voice to tell them it's OK and that when someone actually cares whether they live or die they have found the comfort they have been holding on for.

I like to think it's true.

I am absolutely certain that this is true. Anyone that has been to visit Liz and Steve will know how loved, well looked after and happy each of their bunnies are.

RIP Stanley and big hugs to you and Steve xxx

I was just about to say this - I too think its very true. Although his time with you was so short, he got to know what its like to be loved and valued.

I follow alot of your threads and its clear to everyone how much your adore your buns, there really isn't anything you wouldn't do for them so I can't imagine how you must be feeling at the moment.

I know nothing I can say will make it hurt any less but you're in my thoughts. *hugs* to you and Steve xxx

I was so sorry to get your pm about Stanley Liz:cry:
and I agree with whats been said..he knew he was loved so it was safe to let go
Hugs to you and binky free bunster xx

I am so sorry about Stanley. I remember following that little bunny's story and what a sucker I was for his photos. :cry:

I definitely agree with all the above, and I remember something that someone else had said on the forums once. It basically said that animals don't really understand the passing of time, so a short time of happiness can seem like forever.

Rest in peace, Stanley. xxx

Liz, I am so sorry to read about Stanley. With you and Steve, he got the chance to sit out in the sun and to eat his apple twig and not to be neglected.

Back