• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omg Pepsi is finally booked in to be deplummed!

Bunnyx

Warren Scout
Hes going in to be neutered next Fri... Im so scared!
I just need to know a few things
When he gets home shall I keep him inside for the first few days as I have an indoor cage I can keep him in? How long does it take for them to fully heal?
And will he recover quickly from anesthetic? Sorry I cant stop worrying!
Also the vet said to take some food shall I bring veg and pellets I was thinking of taking a cabbage leaf so they can give it to him after hes been done as he LOVES them so hopefully that will get him eating and also his pellets as he loves them too! Any other advice would help thankyou!:D x x

Hiya! I personally wouldn't bring him inside if that's not what he is used too as this can stress them out. The weather is fairly mild at the moment on a night anyway. Also I would take a selection of things for him to eat -some pellets and his favourite veg. My two boys came back to normal pretty quickly - within a couple of hours. Just closely monitor his eating and pooping. It is more intense for girl buns as the op is obviously invasive. Let us know how he gets on!

Thanks:D Umm well he actaually loves being inside and is very used to it as he was very poorly with a virus a few months ago and was inside in his cage for a couple of weeks the trouble is, is that his hutch is a double one with a ladder and im a bit worried about him going up that after, silly i know :lol: Ill check with my vets and yeh ill go shopping for his fav foods the night before hehe:D x

Back