• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rainbow, new little girl/UD pics of the cage

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Not 100% sure what type of dwarf she is? I thought Russian but she's not as round as they look on the internet pictures!
Have none of Tweak (the boy she came with) atm, he's a bit darker than her, though.
I'll also try and get some pics of the awful cage she came in :(

LGIM0183.jpg

Last edited:
Awww!!! Shes lovely!! :love::love::love:
i miss my hamster... but i wouldnt be able to go through the heart break again after a couple of years of having them :(

Cant wait to see the boy :love::love:

Awh! She is lovely! I had a little boy who looked so similar, Aston, he was a Russian....although Im not an expert I would probably agree with you and say sheis too :) How cute... bet she is fast...:D

Awh! She is lovely! I had a little boy who looked so similar, Aston, he was a Russian....although Im not an expert I would probably agree with you and say sheis too :) How cute... bet she is fast...:D

Are dwarf hamsters meant to be 8 weeks old when they're sold in pet shops?

It's a cutey Russian hamster. They're usually about 7 or 8 weeks when sold in pet shops.

Ok, thankyou :) Just wondered on a general age, I'd guess she's 7 weeks old, possibly less, as I know where she came from and they aren't the nicest petshop in the world.

LGIM0185.jpg

The base is 11x8 inches.
It had a middle floor but it was a wire one, and the bars were so far apart that the two dwarfies couldn't use them.
They couldn't get into the bedroom area bit above very easily either. So all they had was the small space at the bottom for living.

please put mesh on the bars - my Russian had a terrible accident which led to his leg being removed. he got it caught in the little gap between the door and the cage while he was climbing. we had no idea how long he had been hanging by his leg :cry:

please put mesh on the bars - my Russian had a terrible accident which led to his leg being removed. he got it caught in the little gap between the door and the cage while he was climbing. we had no idea how long he had been hanging by his leg :cry:

She's in a new cage, there was no way I was leaving her in that don't worry!

LGIM0185.jpg

The base is 11x8 inches.
It had a middle floor but it was a wire one, and the bars were so far apart that the two dwarfies couldn't use them.
They couldn't get into the bedroom area bit above very easily either. So all they had was the small space at the bottom for living.

I want to smash that cage up! :censored::censored:

I want to smash that cage up! :censored::censored:

I'm debating between smashing, and keeping for if my syrian needs to go to the vets. Although, if she's old enough to breed I may need it for sperating babies :roll: I have NO idea how old they can breed or how old the pair were.

I'm debating between smashing, and keeping for if my syrian needs to go to the vets. Although, if she's old enough to breed I may need it for sperating babies :roll: I have NO idea how old they can breed or how old the pair were.

ooooh love your new avatar you litle minx! :lol:
Its a pretty cage isnt it, but not very practical.

ooooh love your new avatar you litle minx! :lol:
Its a pretty cage isnt it, but not very practical.

:lol: thankyou!

It's not even pretty when you get close to it! It's SO cheaply built it's awful.
Not to mention the ******* petshop that sold a teenager a mixed sex pair :censored:

I rescued something similar from the pile of rubbish everyone in the street put out to be collected this week, I thought Id put in in my bin and make sure it gets to the skip safely.

I rescued something similar from the pile of rubbish everyone in the street put out to be collected this week, I thought Id put in in my bin and make sure it gets to the skip safely.

I can't believe people seriously intend on keeping hamsters in a cage that size for their entire life.
Then again I'm still fuming that they sold a male and a female to live together in that cage.

Been on another forum and they reckon she's a little cross breed. It'd expalin why I couldn't work out what she was!

Back