• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uppey Ears or Floppy Ears?

Uppey Ears or Floppy Ears?

• Uppey Ears!

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Floppy Ears!

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • I love 'em both!

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • No preference.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

sidereus7

Mama Doe
I was just curious to see what everyone's preference was! I'll keep it private just in case. ;)

Sad to say, but I really love to watch Eddison's hears moving around like a mini-radar. Lop ears are cute, but I feel bad when Milo gets his ears wet in his water dish! Poor guy. :lol:

I like them the way nature made them, pointy eared so they can listen out for predators etc. I do admit that some of the others with floppy ears look cute though.

i like the look of lop ears but they are a terrible design :evil: poor alvin cant even eat his hay in peace without the ears getting irritated :(

i voted uppy ears, i love the look and i think they are much more practical fur the bunny :love:

I have 3 lops and one uppy eared bunny, I like both but uppy ears are better for the bun I think.

Both mine are lops and do look adorable that way - and they've never had a problem with ears getting in the way.
I think it depends, the rabbits gonna be adorable either way!

Am I the only person who plays with "uppy" ears to see what they would look like as "downy" ones???

I voted for both. I have a pair with lop and a pair with uppey and they are equally gorgeous. Although I do love watching lop ears running as they flap :lol:.

I've had 7 bunnies in total and all have been lops. I deliberately chose the first two for being lops as I had read they had loving temperaments. Since then I've just chosen the bunny and they just happened to be lops.

Esme had uppy ears when I bought her and I was told she was a cross of uppy ears and lop - it was odds on what would happen. I actually think she suited uppy ears better. Roo's ears can go bolt upright when he's startled and he looks particularly cute :love::love::love:

My vet recently (whilst health checking) said, "But you wouldn't choose a lop again, would you?". It shocked me as I'd never had any problems with loppy ears, I'm guessing it was a reference to potential ear mites etc? Dont know.

I voted for uppy ears :oops: I wouldn't deliberatly avoid a lop eared bunny but the uppy eared buns always seem to choose me :love: I'd also heard that lops find it more difficult to hear things (assume because it's more difficult for them to point thier ears in the direction of the sound) and were more prone to ear mites, but this wouldn't influence my decision since they pick me. Maybe all the bunnies who have picked me were looking for a redhead breed :roll:

It made me laugh though, a friend of mine came to visit us last year when we had Luna was absolutely astonished as he had NEVER seen a pet bunny with uppy ears, he thought all pet bunnies were lops :lol:

Back