• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Patch's ear... puss/abcess - U/D been to vet for flushing

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Well i took Patch to the vet just over a week ago as he had wax in his ears, i thought maybe mites, i kept cleaning his ear out but it kept coming back, the vet said his ear was full of puss so she cleaned it and washed it out.

Well he was back for a check up and his ears still all pussy, i keep cleaning it out every day but puss is continuing to come back, the vet thinks this is all to do with his head tilt in Dec:shock::shock:...
Vet is checking him again on Tuesday morning to see how his ears doing, if its not changed she is going to give him a GA and flush his ear out and have a proper look. She thinks its an abcess and she thinks his eardrum has ruptured :cry:....

He has been on Baytril for over a week now...

Can everyone please send him lots of vibes, and if anyone has any experience in this maybe give me a little information on this :cry:.

He is fine within himself, eating etc just his poor wee ear :(

Last edited:
Daisy was put on Baytril and metronidazole for her lower ear infection from Bristol Vet Hospital. It is only holding the infection and has given her an extra 8 months.

Hope that patch gets better.
Kermit gets a very waxy ear on his 'down' side, but gladly its only ear wax and not pus!

Patch's story sounds similar to archies, he had an abscess removed 3 wks ago. His abscess was a visible lump just under his ear and when the vet operated the pus was right down the canal and he's deaf in that ear now. He's on metacam and hopefully will be on depocillin soon.

Sorry, I can't offer much advice but sending the little guy loads of vibes and I hope he'll be okay xx

Sending loads of vibes and prayers for Patch, hope he will be feeling better soon, and sending hugs to you too!

Hope his poorly ear is better soon :)
It is likely to have that the ear infection was the cause of the head tilt, rather than being caused by it x

Patch was at the vet today getting his ear flushed out. The vet said she has never seen so much puss come out of an ear before :(. Under all the puss was an ulcer. She couldnt see his eardrum and thinks it has possibly ruptured. Patch is bount to feel a lot lighter in his head now :cry: poor man. Hes on a long course of baytril just now, and is back next week for a check. xx

She doesnt want to give patch eardrops inacse it gets into his middle ear and causes headtilt. She is worried about anything going down just now. When he is at the vet next Monday for his check the vet will then decide if their is other meds he can be on. She did mention a couple.

Back