• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ignorant parents and thoughtless Child!!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
I was just at the vets with Fudge and as i was leaving the building some idiots little boy (looked 7/8ish) came running towards me and bumped into me very hard (I didnt see him coming round the corner)....I had Fudge in my hand (carry case obv :lol:) and it dropped to the ground and rolled over :( She seems ok but im so worried incase she hurt:(

She is hopping ok but got a bit of a shock will she be ok?

Parents should keep control of their children and teach them to watch where there going :evil::evil::evil: My poor baby :cry::cry::cry:

The boys dad said "She will be ok im sure she has some of her nine lives left"
I said shes a rabbit and he just went "oh" not sorry or anything :censored::censored:

Last edited:
Hi try not to be too hard on the little boy ... it does sound like it was an accident. I agree that the boy/parent (my lad is about the same age and I would have got him to say sorry to you) should have said sorry and I do hope your bun is okay.

Hi try not to be too hard on the little boy ... it does sound like it was an accident. I agree that the boy/parent (my lad is about the same age and I would have got him to say sorry to you) should have said sorry and I do hope your bun is okay.

I know its not his fault but a sorry would of went a long way :? Not that if anything is wrong with Fudge he gets off with hurting an animal, accident or no accident his mum or dad should have told him to be careful and made him say sorry :(

I have a cousin that age and he bumps into people by accident but he always says sorry, its polite!

I just need to know if it could have caused her any damage or not!

That's awful! They might have apologised and made sure that you and Fudge were okay. Not nice :( I hope the two of you are okay.

I agree, an apology would have been the right thing but these days some parents seem to think that teaching their kids to say sorry is a sign of weakness.

I can understand how worried you must be about Fudge, and I'd be pretty mad too, but we are talking about a relatively young kid here, and while he should have been more careful, and apologised properly (and his parents should have been there to make sure he did) I think the title of this thread is a bit strong, "bloomin thoughtless kid" yes but not F***ing IDIOT!!!! He didn't do it deliberately or anything.

Hoping your bunny wasn't to shaken up by this and feels better soon. Have you tried giving a treat? For most buns eating something yummy is a sign they're not feeling too bad.

I can understand how worried you must be about Fudge, and I'd be pretty mad too, but we are talking about a relatively young kid here, and while he should have been more careful, and apologised properly (and his parents should have been there to make sure he did) I think the title of this thread is a bit strong, "bloomin thoughtless kid" yes but not F***ing IDIOT!!!! He didn't do it deliberately or anything.

Hoping your bunny wasn't to shaken up by this and feels better soon. Have you tried giving a treat? For most buns eating something yummy is a sign they're not feeling too bad.

Sorry the title was aimed at the dad :oops: because when i said she was a rabbit all i got was "OH" :?
Will change title to make sure i dont offend anyone :oops:

Fudge is ok now but could it of caused internal damage? I will keep my eye on her and if any sign i will go to the vet AGAIN :roll::lol:

Oh yeh the little boy laughed when i was walking away.....no manners at all :roll:

Last edited:
Aww what ashame hope she is ok, id feel very upset and annoyed too if it was one of mine im sure she will be fine, just maybe a bit of shock. Just keep an eye on her too make sure shes doing everything normally :) xx

Considering my Milo is a bit visually impaired and frequently binkies into his cage walls, I would say that Fudge is probably ok. If she's moving around ok and doesn't seem confused or isn't limping or moving strangely, I would say she's doing alright. I would probably be more worried that she could develop a little bit of fear towards her carrier. I might leave the carrier in her area for a bit and put treats in it so she has a good memory with the carrier before you put it away for the next use.

I think bunnies are a lot like little kids sometimes, and they can take some hard knocks, and then totally forget about it later. I'm sure Fudge is doing just fine. :)

Back