• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is your rabbit vocal?

stevey1983

Young Bun
Just wondered if all rabbits make sounds? Buttons is our first rabbit and i never knew before that they do. He started being vocal after about 8 weeks of having him, noone would believe me untill they heard him themselves. As his gorwing up he seems to make more different sounds, so far he;

Grunts - means his horney and wants to hump your foot (if your standing he circles you)
Growls - means his just about to jump at you and take a chunk of flesh out of you
whimpering sound - means his scared, he also makes this sound when he thumps his foot on the floor, he also makes this sound when we have to give him antibiotics through a syringe

Also he snores sometimes when his asleep bless him :D

Yip, my boy is very vocal.....does all the noises you described, i find it endearing :)

mmmm yep ted tells me off when she doesn't get her food quick enough. she gives me a grunt to get out of the road lol. petal doesn't make a sound, she so sweet.

Biccy makes the following sounds

honk honk honk as she is running towards a banana or breakfast

Grinding her teeth noise when she is being stroked

Grunting noise when she is thumping her feet - NOT happy

Aroma grunts a lot. Usually complaining when she's in her hutch. She seems to want to go out even more now that she has babies (maybe a wild instinct since wild rabbits rarely spend time with their babies)
The babies are quite vocal too when they are hungry. Squeaking and bouncing like a bunch of pink frogs:lol: (true to be said, one is pink, two are gray and three are black)

Hector used to grunt/buzz when excited but stopped after he was neutered. Honey makes lots of different noises though :D (even though she has been spayed). She makes a grunting/buzzing sound when she's excited (especially if she thinks there is food somewhere :lol:), a cooing noise when she's relaxed/sleeping, a slurping when she drinks and a wimper when she is frightened (when you pick her up which she doesn't like much).

I wouldn't say Boris is a vocal rabbit..he's quiet most of the time,although he does growl occasionally :lol: Usually when being picked up (which he hates) or telling people off lol! He also slurps a lot when he drinks :lol:

Daisy has never made any noises until this week. She's started grunting and circling my feet :shock: Really don't want to know what she's got in mind :lol:

Alvin buzzes and circles when hes excited :love::love::love: and when hes mad he grunts and boxes :shock:

Pearl is silent apart from teeth purring when i fuss her :love:

Both of mine are noisy. Honey "memes for food" and Wesley sings and dances at Honey. If I haven't served up his food quick enough he stamps his food and makes a "muring noise".

Back