• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

good points and bad points of fostering

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
i have been thinking about and spoke to the girl at the rescue. but just wondering what the good points and bad points are? i think i'd be fine handing them back cause i'd know their not mine and not vesible for me to keep them. i work full time so i'm not sure if i'd be thr right candidate for it. but would love just to help bring buns back up to strength or give them a good start in life.

It's very rewarding, but even when it's one you aren't particularly attached to it's a wrench when they go. You never know if they are going to a BETTER home, & if you've managed to look after them part-time, could you have taken them on permanently?

I love my fosters & the Rescues have been kind enough to get me updates when buns have gone to new homes once in a while (I've sometimes seen then again for bonding or boarding too:oops::D), but there's a fair few I still miss.

I've said no more permanents now - but there's one that will make me sad when he goes. But I've kept a few in the past:oops:

In fact of my own buns: about 8 are failed fosters:oops::lol: (Until I counted, I didn't realise I was that bad! - 2 of my bridge buns too!:oops:)

You need to make sure you have your own quarantine procedures in place, unless the rescue is doing that for you:D

thanks angie, yeah theres alot to think about, right now isn't the right time but maybe next year i was thinking about it.

Back