• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Operation

xkaytix

Warren Scout
Lily had her operation yesterday. We took her on as a stray and were told that she was about 3 years old. We thought it would be best to have her neutered as she has nested once a month since we got her 2 months ago. While they were operating on her they said that she was much older and had growths on her and that it was a good job she had her operation when she did. We brought her home and kept her in last night but put her out again this morning as she seemed a bit stressed being indoors. When we put her outside she seemed much happier and began playing with her ball and looking at the others (who seemed pleased to see her too :) ). The only thing i am worried about is that she hasn't drunk anything since yesterday. She has managed to eat a bit cauliflower leaf and some carrot but not much else. Also when I just checked on her she was grinding her teeth. Any advice? She is going back to the vets tomorrow for a post op check.

It sounds like she's in some discomfort if she's grinding her teeth. Can you take her back to the vets today and ask for a top-up of painkiller?
If she eats lots of juicy greens and grass she won't need to drink much

I've read that cauliflower leaves cause bloating but it is the only thing she is really eating. Should i give her more or not due to pressure on the stitch area?

Back