• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly Possum :(

Jaypot

Mama Doe
Went to get the Hairy Mob up this morning and found Possum laying flat :cry: He then started to roll :cry: He was rushed to vets and has had meds and some steriod - Chris thinks either stroke :cry:, inner ear infection :cry: or something nasty in the brain 'cos he has a bulging eye :cry::cry:

Have to keep him on meds over the weekend and fluid therapy as well :( If no better on Monday he has to have an x-ray of his head :cry:

Please send all the vibes you can for our darling quivering boy :love::love:

Poor baby.....sounds like what my boy was like with EC / Head tilt.
He had a bulging eye and nystygmus (spellling??), was lying, rolling when he tried to move and really bad head tilt....maybe your bun has it without the head tilt? Just an idea.
Hope he gets better xx

Well he's still not with it :( He's trying to move around but rolling :( He's not tilted but one eye is still bulging - not enormously, but you can see it :(

He's tried eating a wee bit but not enough so I'm going to get the fluids ready, give him them and also give him some metoclop to help keep his tummy going. Have offered him fresh dandies so hope he will eat some.

I've had to take him out of his big pen and put him in an indoor cage on the sofa in our bedroom. I don't want him having too much room to roll as he could hurt himself - I also want to keep a really close eye on him and with our bedroom being a sitting room as well, it's the best place for him to be.

Poor wee man - he must feel so strange :( I wish I could take it away from him :(

Here's a piccy of our wonderful boy :love::love:

060209012.jpg

Awww Possum you gorgeous little man :love: Come on get better for your mummy & eat all your dandelions up, sending you a big, big snuggle little man xxxx

Back