• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please poo gwen!!

mrshorsy

Warren Scout
I'm knackered and want to go to bed but Gwen has poo'd yet (Been spayed today) how long in your experience has it been till they've poo'd after spaying . She has eaten some dandelion leaves a tiny bit of hay and drank some water.

I'm knackered and want to go to bed but Gwen has poo'd yet (Been spayed today) how long in your experience has it been till they've poo'd after spaying . She has eaten some dandelion leaves a tiny bit of hay and drank some water.

Hi, dont panic yet! Star poo'd the following day (mainly) there are one or two on the day that she was spayed, but mainly they followed the following day. try some herbs or kale to get her eating as well .... this did the trick (finally) with Star. Star was spayed on Mon and it is only really today that she is 'getting back to normal' (but not quite there yet!)

yay this morning we have a few normal looking golden round poo's:D
Never thought i'd be happy to see poo!:lol:

Excellent!! Well done Gwen :D Is she eating okay as well?

Eating not great yet she has attempted hay and dandelion leaves but dont think shes had any pellets yet.
She's not really moving around yet much and is squeaking when I lift her to check wound but I keep popping her water bowl under her nose every hour and shes having a drink.
Shes back at vets tomorrow it should have been monday but because of bank holiday the vet said she would see her saturday instead.

took ted two days to eat her pellets, keep offering her food as your doing and get some fresh herbs and grass if possible. did you get any pain meds? i let ted an petal have a run aroung the hallway when they got done, seemed to help get their gut moving but it's up to yourself. hope she recovers okay.

Back