• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look at This Poor Rabbit !!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
rabbit3.jpg

:cry:

It's awful. There's a place in Australia or Newzealand (can't remember which) called the bunny shed.... tourists can go and watch them shearing the angora's, who are strapped to a table. They must be kept on wire floored cages to prevent their coat becoming dirty. It's no better than rabbit farming IMO. :(

That rabbit looks like the villain Cassandra in Dr Who. She was so vain she had her skin preserved so she wouldn't have to die.

DrWhoCassandra.jpg

At least Cassandra made the decision to do it to herself and didn't have some other human coming along and making her look like that :(

click I posted something about this a while back.

:(

I was going to mention this as I remembered the chinese breeder, but couldn't remember where I had seen it :)

It is awful, imagine the mattting under that wool - and how hot the poor thing must get and the sweaty itchy infected skin. All in the name of showing!

As for strapping it to the table - it's like some sick torture...
They do not have to be kept on wire floors, it just makes it easier for the breeder/show people.. and cheaper than investing in vet bed! What awful lives these poor buns must lead.

I need to win the lottery, so all the bunnies with **** lives can then be rescued (or mysteriously bunny-knapped) and given happy lives and e allowed to live like rabbits should!

With 80+ million on the Euro lottery imagine how many bunnies this could help.... pleeeeaaassseeem god! I would certainly end up giving 95% of it away, and close the chinese angora factory down for starters! :D

Last edited:
I don't understand the mentality of some people, the lack of feeling and compassion. How can they think it's OK to do things like that. I am really against breeding animals anyway under any circumstances, people do it for their own selfish pleasure or gain. There are so many unwanted animals already why purposely breed more?

Rabswood

Back