• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help bonding!!

Leanne1984

New Kit
Hi started bonding at 6 o' clock, I know it's only been an hour but I need some help.
I have two rabbits male and female, neutered and spayed 2 weeks ago. They are 6 months old and have lived together in a hutch and run that has been divided down the middle and they have been swapped over. I have put them together in neutral environment and he is just chasing and humping her. She is either running away (they're in the bathroom) or just laying down. There is no fighting or agression, although she is losing small amount of fur when he is mounting her. Am I doing something wrong. Oh the humping is constant

Thanks

No thats fine! Perfectly normal. The humping and chasing will die down eventually but for now they will be sorting out who is "top bun" and its part of the bonding process. If it is persistant chasing/ circling then you might need to reduce their space slightly but for now I would just let them get on with it.

Back