• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greater security needed at animal parks

I was very upset to hear about that recent attack on an animal park in Britain in which a number of rabbits and other animals were hurt or killed by the raiders.

I cannot fathom why anyone would wish to hurt such harmless creatures. Rabbits are gentle and inoffensive, no threat to anyone.

Far tighter security is needed at these centres to prevent any further horrific incidents of this kind.

Let's make the world a little safer for our furry friends. What have they ever done to deserve such ill-treatment?

I have seen all sorts of unpleasant things in the course of my own battle against bloodsports (especially hare coursing) here in Ireland and I wonder sometimes is there anything that human beings aren't capable of?

The silver lining to this cloud is that there are also many decent compassionate people...like all of you who post here on "Rabbits United".

I totally agree - more security is needed on these places. I was sickened at the story - it made me cry.

I completely agree with you John - although like Antigone I don't like animal parks :cry: We have an inner city farm in Sheffield which has been subjected to similar episodes over the last few years. After the last one last year where a litter of piglets were killed & dismembered around the farm - they finally installed CCTV & employed someone to patrol the property at night.

I just hope the people that commit these vile acts rot in hell :evil::censored::evil:

Back