• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else waiting to bond?

gkf9

Warren Scout
We've had Angel for almost a month now and I'm dying to see her and Coco together! :love:

I want to do it all properly though, but she's only about 3 months so that means another couple of months 'til spey then month or so recovery - so that's gonna be at least July :shock:
The OH keeps asking if we can let them see each other, Coco knows something's going on, I keep finding him upstairs sniffing outside the bedroom she's in and he scratches at the door if he knows we're in there with her - OH reckons it's cruel on him.
Am really tempted to let him in and see her (in cage) but know that would probably be a bad move and don't want to jeopardise bonding properly when the time comes.

Anyone else as impatient as moi? :oops:

I have always introduced mine through bars first. Charlie started grooming Autumn through the travel box bars as soon as I put her down. Charlie was neutered but Autumn was not (But is now!)

Sophie nipped Granite through the bars which made me nervous, but bonding was quiet and uneventful, both were neutered. I had Sophie neutered at 16weeks, as she was rather agressive, but also very lonely.

me too, I am waiting and really want to do it now!! I have 2 pairs at the mo and I want to bond them as a four. I have to wait until the younger 2 are old enough to be 'sorted out' (about another 4 - 6 wks) and then recovery time and then I will be able to have a go at bonding!

I am hoping (assuming?!) that all will be okay, all four see each other now and by mistake 3 of them were together for one day, all day recently and survived!

I am on the countdown though, just can't wait for the 4 of them to be together in thier new shed :D :love:

I have always introduced mine through bars first. Charlie started grooming Autumn through the travel box bars as soon as I put her down. Charlie was neutered but Autumn was not (But is now!)

Sophie nipped Granite through the bars which made me nervous, but bonding was quiet and uneventful, both were neutered. I had Sophie neutered at 16weeks, as she was rather agressive, but also very lonely.

Not often I've read about an uneventful bonding :lol:, hope mine goes that well! I think I might introduce them through cages/carriers first, but if they do look like they'll get on straight away I'll feel bad keeping them apart! Roll on July! :roll:

me too, I am waiting and really want to do it now!! I have 2 pairs at the mo and I want to bond them as a four. I have to wait until the younger 2 are old enough to be 'sorted out' (about another 4 - 6 wks) and then recovery time and then I will be able to have a go at bonding!

I am hoping (assuming?!) that all will be okay, all four see each other now and by mistake 3 of them were together for one day, all day recently and survived!

I am on the countdown though, just can't wait for the 4 of them to be together in thier new shed :D :love:

Oooops, heee heeee - that's one way to find out if they get on :lol:
Sounds like we may be bonding about the same time then, fingers crossed for happy endings for us both! I'd love to be able to see them grooming and cuddling up.

Oooops, heee heeee - that's one way to find out if they get on :lol:
Sounds like we may be bonding about the same time then, fingers crossed for happy endings for us both! I'd love to be able to see them grooming and cuddling up.

I know I was panicing big time when I found out (I was away and a neighbour was looking after then). Not only did they not fight (there was so fur but not cuts etc on any of the rabbits) but there was an unnetured male with an unspayed female!! Good job Star was already booked in for her spay on the Mon otherwise she might have had another litter!

Fingers crossed for us both! I can't wait to see my four together x

I've bonded my two even though Mable isn't done yet, just not sure what to do when she gets spayed :roll:

Back