• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I have been given meds after a spay?

mrshorsy

Warren Scout
HI Just back from Gwens spay and someone has commented on the end of my thread that they thought I should have been given pain meds to take home!
Is it normal to be just sent home with nothing?

Some vets prefer to see the rabbit again to check everything is ok and give additional pain relief rather than relying on the owner to spot complications and give medications.

Ok but if you think she's in pain or she isn't eating or toileting I would ask them to she her tomorrow, rather than waiting until saturday.

she hopefully will have been given pain relief by injection at the vets.They may be thinking that enough until Saturday.Just keep an eye on her that she starts to eat [and wee and poo].Does can take a little while to get back into routine as its a bigger op than a castration.Sending lots of get well wishes:)

HI Just back from Gwens spay and someone has commented on the end of my thread that they thought I should have been given pain meds to take home!
Is it normal to be just sent home with nothing?

did I reply on the other thread or did I imagine that?? I wasn't sent home with any extra pain relief but Star had a spay on Monday and I have been back every day since and for the first 2 days after the op, she was given extra pain relief whilst at the vets. If you are worried about her eating/pooing etc (or not as the case may be) then give the vets a call ...

Back