• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angel Update

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from Angels last visit to my current vets, I decided to try Gamston Vets 4 Pets as I know a few people off here use them, especially for their dental buns.

We saw Rachel today and she gagged Angel and had a good look and there is a slight spur on one of her molars but not enough to warrant a dental. The dental could actually cause more problems at this present time. I was advised to just keep on getting her to eat as much hay as possible and monitor the situation.

I'm a bit annoyed because my other vet was saying that the dental needed doing a.s.a.p

We also spoke about Angels respiratory issues and decided to have her on Baytril for 3 months (recommended in the books). Really hammer it with everything. If after this time she gets nasally again, we'll take swabs to determine if it definitely is pasturella and consider injectable abx.
We'll also look at flushing her tear ducts as Angel is on pulse fucithalmic as she can get sore eyes. By flushing the ducts this can push infection out through the nose and clear her out.

I came away feeling very positive for my pretty girl!

She was such a good girl and it was so funny, because when I popped her back into the carrier she just tucked into her hay....couldn't care less what was going on :)

Yay for Angel!!

In angel's case I see no reason why she should undergo a dental if the spur is not yet bothering her, just keep a close eye on it!!x

Following on from Angels last visit to my current vets, I decided to try Gamston Vets 4 Pets as I know a few people off here use them, especially for their dental buns.

We saw Rachel today and she gagged Angel and had a good look and there is a slight spur on one of her molars but not enough to warrant a dental. The dental could actually cause more problems at this present time. I was advised to just keep on getting her to eat as much hay as possible and monitor the situation.

I'm a bit annoyed because my other vet was saying that the dental needed doing a.s.a.p

We also spoke about Angels respiratory issues and decided to have her on Baytril for 3 months (recommended in the books). Really hammer it with everything. If after this time she gets nasally again, we'll take swabs to determine if it definitely is pasturella and consider injectable abx.
We'll also look at flushing her tear ducts as Angel is on pulse fucithalmic as she can get sore eyes. By flushing the ducts this can push infection out through the nose and clear her out.

I came away feeling very positive for my pretty girl!

She was such a good girl and it was so funny, because when I popped her back into the carrier she just tucked into her hay....couldn't care less what was going on :)

I was at Gamston today too for Gwens spay, you werent leaving at about 4 0clock were you?

Yay for Angel!!

In angel's case I see no reason why she should undergo a dental if the spur is not yet bothering her, just keep a close eye on it!!x

The vet thought the burring could actually cause potential problems if it wasn't needed. My other vet wanted her booked in for this week, which got me worried :roll:

She's nibbling away at the hay btw ;) x

Ah bless her,

it's great that you have found a better vet!! I do sometimes feel like some err too much on this side of caution. I've had teddy under countless times when it turns out he just has one spur that wasn't even causing him any issues :roll:
x

Back