• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My crazy little babies-Getting fuzzy. See page 2

ZakuraRabbit

Mama Doe
Aroma gave birth to 6 babies yesterday...but that doesn't necessarily mean they enjoy sitting still waiting for their daily milk:lol:
I asked some breeders about this and they said they thought I was their mom coming to feed them. I'm not sure if this was supposed to help since Aroma still appeared to be ignoring them, but that may be because she hadn't had her pellets yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u7JVRGLVvc
Such charming little bunnies. They look a lot healthier than the last litter Aroma had at least (where there were 12, most of which very skinny and 8 died of undernourishment :cry: )
6 are way more manageable and all look well-fed and healthy:D
Here's mom too just because she's beautiful
Aroma_in_the_sun_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

I put a run outside the shed so when I open all the doors she has the full run of the shed+this:
P1010001-4.jpg

She shares it with Cloud, though not at the same time:roll: The other bunnies have a run on the lawn (Which I need to make more of, now that the snow's finally gone). I'll probably need a better wire wall once the babies start walking though since they can get through the bars:?

Last edited:
Piccies of the stinking little bunnies (stinking because they peed in the box.... I had to clean it out AND my hands after handling them)

The whole litter (the sables aren't very visible because they're hidden by the fur. Its Aroma's fur if you must know. She plucked it of to make a nest for her babies)

One of the two brown sable kits (They will grow up to look like their mother and older brother Niko)

The only Red-eyed white. I'm considering to name it Yuki if its a girl.

One of the three black kits.

Btw: in case you want to jump on me saying "OMG YOU CAN'T TOUCH NEWBORN BUNNIES OR THE MOM WILL EAT THEM".
That rumor is quite exaggerated. Its true stressed rabbits may eat their young, but it takes a lot more than human scent to stress Aroma. A good natured tame doe won't mind you touching her young:3 (That being said I don't recommend taking them out constantly to cuddle with them. I check on them once a day or so, because I like to see how they grow and to make sure they're all healthy and well-fed.)

lol it is the cold air when they have been taken out of a warm nest that makes them pee!! our lot without fail did it every time we handled them!! they are so sweet and i agree you can handle from birth without mum eating them!!!:lol:

just one point i dont agree with!! they are going "hypa" as you call it becasue you are opening the nest and they think your mum ready to feed them!

Last edited:
lol it is the cold air when they have been taken out of a warm nest that makes them pee!! our lot without fail did it every time we handled them!! they are so sweet and i agree you can handle from birth without mum eating them!!!:lol:

Actually they pee if you rub their bellies, since this is what their mom does to make them pee. They can't control their bladders just yet.

just one point i dont agree with!! they are going "hypa" as you call it becasue you are opening the nest and they think your mum ready to feed them!

As opposed to:
I asked some breeders about this and they said they thought I was their mom coming to feed them. I'm not sure if this was supposed to help since Aroma still appeared to be ignoring them, but that may be because she hadn't had her pellets yet.
What is it you don't agree with? Your argument was the same as mine.

I dont agree with you opening the nest to film! I am well aware they pee if you rub them but they also pee due to the change in temp when you remove them from the nest.

I dont agree with you opening the nest to film! I am well aware they pee if you rub them but they also pee due to the change in temp when you remove them from the nest.

It was fairly open already. I just shifted some fur aside.
To be honest they started squeaking almost as soon as I opened the cage door. :roll: I also had them out a bit before this was filmed to make sure they were healthy and well-fed. Which they were...they were just a bit hungry at the moment:lol:

Such cuties. My rabbit had an accidental litter almost 3 yrs ago and she had no problems with me handling them from day one. She would even nurse them in front of me. They all grew up and are happy buns now. I kept her boy and my brother took the only girl. My friend took the other 2 boys. Now the mom and dad are fixed but are living in a different home because of my stupid allergies/asthma.

So I agree with you that they don't always eat their young if they are handled. I think if they know us and trust us and are calm rabbits they usually are fine with us handling them.

They've started to get fuzzy now ;D
Here's one of the sables and the REW at 5 days old:
REW_kit_5_days_old_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Sable_kit_5_days_old_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

The sable peed in my hand just before the picture got taken :-*

Back