• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cardboard Boxes. Are they safe?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks!

Lola and Lucy love cardboard boxes, I make tunnels out of them and "dens" and they love to rip them to pieces.

Lucy loves them - but she has a little nibble and I dont want her swallowing the cardboard and it causing tummy problems.

Should I take them off her???

Thank you!

Ive had to take anything cardboard of B cos Dill eats it-its such a shame cos she used to love her boxes and loo rolls to throw.:(

Mine love ripping and shredding cardboard boxes, have done for years and they have never had any problems! I'm sure they must eat some :)

It's the one thing they absolutely love destroying and they would not be best pleased if I took them away from them.

My two tend to spit most of it out but they must acidentally swallow small pieces from time to time. If she is eating lots of it, then I would take them away though.

I have wondered about this too but agree that the nibbles seem to be spat out. I avoid coloured boxes just in case.

They are currently in the "bunny cupboard" destroying two cardboard banana boxes, they are ripping them up but Lucy seems to scoff the odd bit now and then (fatty bun).

Mind you they destroy anything I give them! Their bunny tubes are a wreck!

My indoor lot get boxes all the time and love them! I only wish i could give the outside buns them more often (only do it when it's dry)

All my lot love to tear up boxes. The other thing they go crazy for is anything like old wicker laundry bins and waste baskets, can't get enough:D

Back