• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

off to the vets with Gwen u/d shes back & questions 13

mrshorsy

Warren Scout
the title says it all just settled her into her carrier and we're off to the vets for the dreaded spay!

Last edited:
Good luck vibes for Gwen! I'm sure everything will be fine but it's horribly traumatic waiting to phone!

Well she's back. The vet said it went really well everything routine and that she came round from the GA really quickly, so thats a relief.

I've settled her into the dog crate an she seems quite alert had a drink of water straight away but nothing to eat and no poo yet. Poor thing will be sick of the sight of me I keep popping in every 5 mins to on poo patrol!

I havent been given any meds for her, is that normal, and have an appointment to take her back on Saturday.

Ah ok :) I'm glad everything went ok,the only thing that puts me off getting a wifebun for Boris is having to get her spayed! I don't know if I could cope with it :oops:

Ah ok :) I'm glad everything went ok,the only thing that puts me off getting a wifebun for Boris is having to get her spayed! I don't know if I could cope with it :oops:

to be honest Ive been putting it off since we got her nearly a year ago ! But shes going into a lovely new shed soon and I really want her to have husbun for company so I finally bit the bullet.
Think this, waiting for them to poo and eat , is the worst bit!

Well she's back. The vet said it went really well everything routine and that she came round from the GA really quickly, so thats a relief.

I've settled her into the dog crate an she seems quite alert had a drink of water straight away but nothing to eat and no poo yet. Poor thing will be sick of the sight of me I keep popping in every 5 mins to on poo patrol!

I havent been given any meds for her, is that normal, and have an appointment to take her back on Saturday.

Hi, Star had her spay on Mon. I was not given any meds when I picked her up but I did have a check up the next day for her. She wasn't eating that much (but did eat a little) and to be honest still isn't quite back to 'normal' yet. When I went back to the vets on Tues, they gave her more pain relief and the gut injection and asked me to go back yesterday. Yesterday she was given more pain relief and I got some stuff to go in her water and have another appointment today in about an hours time!

Guess I'll just have to keep a careful eye on her. Shes quite sleepy but her breathing looks normal shes had a drink and shes eaten a handful of dandelion leaves that I picked for her so fingers crossed with a few days of TLC she'll be back to normal soon.

Back