• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A year today since RU saved my life - Thanks everyone!!

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Hi guys, Kermit here.
A year ago today i got EC and head tilt, i was really poorly....mummy came in from work and found me and she thought i had broken my neck!
She took me over to the vets and they told her that i would probably need PTS, when i heard this i panicked, i thought id better try to eat and drink and get better......mummy nursed me for the night and fed me my favourite things, but she just kept crying.....
Then daddy came in and said that he had been looking on the internet and that he had found a Rabbit forum and that they had said that i could recover from this.....when i heard that i was happy, and so was mummy. Now mummy is the member on here.....thats why she used to be called tomhighway!! lol!
Its been hard for me getting better, and ive still got a squinty wee head and i seem to get loads of wee things wrong with me, but mummy always helps me get better.
So i just wanted to come on here and say thanks to you all for helping me and for helping all the other buns in need.
Here are some pictures of me to make you smile :)

Here is me before i got ill. I was just a baby...
P1061026.jpg

Heres me when i was poorly :( My namesake is massaging me...hehe
P1011093.jpg

Heres a few of me now, loving life, even with my wee squinty head!! Thats my favourite place under the coffee table!!!
P1012008.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

P1011913.jpg

Last edited:
:wave: Hi Kermit you are an inspiration little man & just shows how you can get better from EC :) I've been telling our little man Wilson all about you, as he started with EC a couple of weeks ago & has been really poorly - he says he's going to try to be big & strong like you :)

Your mummy & daddy have been amazing to help you so much & I'm so glad your still enjoying life :)

Aw that brought a tear to my eyes :oops:

I remember when you first joined and i remember following his story :love:

Hes a special bunny :love: :love:

hi kermit:wave: its honey here ,,,,, dotn forget we still haves to arrange or runaway on the busthingy to the park o.k:roll:

Wow a year already! I remember your post when you first joined and it's amazing to see how well you are doing. Huge well done to your mum & dad for not giving up on you like so many people would have. :thumb:

:wave:Hiya Kermit,glad to see your well.I'm going to get my dad to read this as one of his bunnies has recently been unwell with headtilt and I know that "PTS" was mentioned at the beginning of this week.However reading some of the posts on here we've managed to persuade him to keep going and to realise that it can be a long time in getting better. Sending you lots of nose rubs x

Thanks guys. I really have appreciated your support over the year, and if kermit being here helps even one other bun by making folk not give up too easily then thats great!!
(this is kirsty now by the way!! haha)

Awwww, Kermit. :love::love: I wasn't around when you were poorly last year but it's wonderful that your mummy and daddy found this place and that you're still here now and obviously enjoying life very much. :D:D

Ahh Kermit such a wonderful story of a brave bunny, a loving mummy and daddy and a dedicated massage giver(!) what a wonderful way to start the day. So glad you are here to tell us your story 1 year on. Hope the next year sees you grow even more in strength and happiness.

Aww Kermit. I love your piccies and love the one where Kermit is giving you a massage. So glad you have come out the other end. I think your little head tilt is endearing :love:

Awww i love Kermit :love::love: Kermits owner really helped me when my little Hazel got headtilt, now hes all better. I hope Kermit continues to do well, with such a devoted owner i'm sure he will :):wave:

Back