• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I got my bunnehs! :D

William

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday I got my buns :D They're so young, but I imagine they are around 8 weeks and just seem really young cuz they're so small, which is because they're netherland dwarfs/netherland dwarf mix. They're SO cute. We're probably naming them Benjamin (the black one) and Timothy (grey one). I'll post pics later :D

you dont need to breed a rabbit to have a pet rabbit..plenty of people already do that so that you dont have to.

try a shelter..or a rescue or a person who doesnt breed huge amounts and is recommended to you...otherwise the bun will come form somewhere like one of those horrible nasty puppy farms..the animals dont matter...if theyre sick it doesnt matter..as long as some poor shmuck will give good money for it.

having a bunny pet isnt as easy as people think.just look at the health problems sections here....and the housing...behaviour sections too.....theyre hard work..but if you can do it..very worthwhile.

Nethies are so sweet to look at :wave:

aww, i remember when i got my bunny, its such a lovely feeling aint it! hope everything goes ok. i want pics too!

Awww! I remember when I got Boris :love: I held him on the car ride home and he kept licking me :love:

Hope everything goes well :) Oh and I definately want some pictures!

you dont need to breed a rabbit to have a pet rabbit..plenty of people already do that so that you dont have to.

try a shelter..or a rescue or a person who doesnt breed huge amounts and is recommended to you...otherwise the bun will come form somewhere like one of those horrible nasty puppy farms..the animals dont matter...if theyre sick it doesnt matter..as long as some poor shmuck will give good money for it.

having a bunny pet isnt as easy as people think.just look at the health problems sections here....and the housing...behaviour sections too.....theyre hard work..but if you can do it..very worthwhile.

Nethies are so sweet to look at :wave:

:? What? These buns were posted on craigslist (its like Preloved I think, but for Americans). The woman's husband bought them for her but she didn't have time for them. So.. I count these as adopting. I always adopt. Almost all my pets are adoptees, even all my fish and snail. I've had lots of buns, so I know taking care of them isn't easy. Id say they're about the the equivalent of a cat, but a little more time consuming because of outdoor playtime that buns need everyday. (i have to supervise them while they have outdoor playtime)

Pics coming soon, just have to upload them to my pc

Last edited:
:shock: hun i wasnt aiming that at you..but the poster after you.who seems to have bloomin vanished:shock:
the comment about how lucky you are.they wouldnt know how to start breeding rabbits theyd have to ask a vet they guess...

yup i was being polite to them then adding the bit bout wanting pics of yours!!
mm somebody found a troll didnt they and banished them..come on mods who was it;)

sorry william...hoenst to goodness its the truth!

eek - that looks bad as i was the first to say congrats to william! purplebumble tho, i do remember seeing another post that looks like its been wiped - seemed to be from a youngster who was saying she was wishing she could have a rabbit too......

hope this helps with the confusion!

x

poppymoon..thank you....i knew it had been there.....but it doesnt say deleted:?

william..how are you getting on with the babies? i dont envy you as tiny buns seem to be blurs as they charge around:lol: catching them is impossible..least our smaller buns apart from bif have been impossible to catch..or is it just me:oops::lol:

poppymoon..thank you....i knew it had been there.....but it doesnt say deleted:?

william..how are you getting on with the babies? i dont envy you as tiny buns seem to be blurs as they charge around:lol: catching them is impossible..least our smaller buns apart from bif have been impossible to catch..or is it just me:oops::lol:

I find it the other way around! When we have several babies running around I seem to be able to catch them but Bugs & Star (who are about a year old) seem to know all the hiding holes and places I can't reach and hide in there when I need them to go back to their hutch! :lol: :lol:

Yesterday I got my buns :D They're so young, but I imagine they are around 8 weeks and just seem really young cuz they're so small, which is because they're netherland dwarfs/netherland dwarf mix. They're SO cute. We're probably naming them Benjamin (the black one) and Timothy (grey one). I'll post pics later :D

Hi, I can't wait to see some pictures :D

Last edited:
Your bunnies are gorgeous :love:
To answer your nail question - I think Jack's nails are probably a little bit too long :D - do you usually take him to the vets for a trim or do them yourself?

They look JUST like my fidget when she was a baby so probably a cross. She is bigger than a nethie but not by much.

As for Jack, yes he is a mini rex and i struggle with mine and his nails. I never know when they're too long because they tend to look too long when they're not because the fur on the foot is too short to cover them but i think when they curl underneath they could probably do with a trim
:)

Back