• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advising someone on what to do with unwanted rabbit?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Just been asked if i want another bun, my aunts friend wants rid.

I arent in a position to take on this bun.

Its male, 7months, not neutered but vaccinated.

Ive advised them to advertise it on rabbit rehome, but what else can i do?

Last edited:
Poor little lad :cry:

Could you ask them if they could pay to get him neutered first before rehoming him? It might make it easier for them :)

Is there any local rescues near you that might be able to help?

I really feel for you Nat - it strikes me that as soon as some folk know you love buns, that you'll take on any unwanted ones :cry:

Good luck - I hope your aunt's friend can get sorted with a new forever home for their poor bun :cry:

Poor little lad :cry:

Could you ask them if they could pay to get him neutered first before rehoming him? It might make it easier for them :)

Is there any local rescues near you that might be able to help?

I really feel for you Nat - it strikes me that as soon as some folk know you love buns, that you'll take on any unwanted ones :cry:

Good luck - I hope your aunt's friend can get sorted with a new forever home for their poor bun :cry:

I doubt she will as she wants rid as she doesnt have time.

Im not aware of any but have advised of putting him on Rabbit rehome.

I know, thats exactly it. It pulls at my heartstrings and they know that.

I hope he finds a good home somewhere. :)

They know so well that it pulls are your heart strings, we've had it done to us countless times over the last year :cry::roll:

Would it be worth asking on here if any rescues have got room & if so, if a bunny run could be arrange to get the little to them?

Ive offered advice and told her to check out homes so....fingers crossed they listen :)

Given a few local rescue numbers to try also.

They know so well that it pulls are your heart strings, we've had it done to us countless times over the last year :cry::roll:?

In the past year mum and dad have gone from no bunnies [they decided to give up when their house bunny died as they are in their 70's]
15 bunnies last summer,they got them down to 2 bunnies which they decided they were keeping
then they were "given " 2 bunnies and one had a surprise litter so now they are at 8!! [and they are not a rescue]

Back