• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybody got a bunny that loves to thump during the night?

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
My little agouti bun Leon has a bad habbit of thumping when we're trying to sleep!

He sleeps outside in his own hutch. Sammy sleeps in a hutch besides him but he never thumps.
I've explained to him the story about the bunny that cried wolf but he doesnt listen! :roll:

Its like tending to a newborn baby, he does it that often we have to take turns in getting up to check on him. Sometimes we try and ignore him so we dont get him into a bad habbit but if he thumps for ages we keeping fearing that the neighbours will complain so we have to go and see him. I think its just for attention but does he have to be so loud!

Think I might try wrapping his little feet in cotton wool to pad the noise :lol:

i have the same problem with buttons, he doesnt do it every night but when he does i find that if i put some more hay in there that keeps him quiet, also he does it if we forget to put his favorite carrot toy in there with him at night

i have the same problem with buttons, he doesnt do it every night but when he does i find that if i put some more hay in there that keeps him quiet, also he does it if we forget to put his favorite carrot toy in there with him at night

Thats cute about the toy :) I took his vet bet out of his hutch a few weeks ago, I'll may be try and put that back in just to see.

He didnt use to do every night, he just seems to through a spell every year when he wants to thump. I think it was winter the last time he did it.

We have two stampers in our household. They only seem to do it when we're in bed and they like to wake us up at stupid o'clock. We used to go and check on them (they have their own bedroom) but realised they were probably doing it for attention so we now try to ignore them.

I hate it when we have people to stay, usually my mum, because I can never get to sleep for worrying that one of them is going to stamp at any minute! I really don't need an excuse for my mum to have a moan about keeping rabbits in the house :roll:

Buster thumps if my OH is snoring too loudly. It must be like the rabbit version of banging on the ceiling! :lol:

Hmm, interesting! mine thump! They just thump their back feet in the hutch...what does this mean? They seem to do it randomly.

My rabbit thumps...very loudly at silly o'clock:cry:

the neighbours on one side told me about it ... I hadn't heard as I sleep in the front of the house.

I toned it down by puting a coir doormat under 3 layers of carpet in his living room...where he makes most of the noise:D

I can replace all this flooring when it gets messy or worn;)

My bun thumps all night!

My rabbit Harvey thumps every night. It seems to be cats. They sneak up to his hutch and scare him! I am desperatly trying to find a cat deterrant that won't effect Harvey! Has anyone got any suggestions?

Last edited:
Charlie is well into thumping at the moment - now its hot we hear it more cause the windows are open. I have put two fleece towels under his bedding but you can still hear it. I am worried the neighbours are going to complain. Any ideas??

Beckie X

:wave:

Mine do it 2! Any my neighbours have complained! Dont know what to do, to stop them, mine only do it in the summer when its warm becuase they are hot and bothered and usually sleepy in the day when it gets to nightime they come alive and stomp all night! :shock:

LOL xx

Back