• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

post spay advise (again, sorry!) please.

happypreso

Alpha Buck
Star was spayed on Mon and had her check up yesterday. Although she had eaten a bit it wasn't much (yesterday) and they gave her another pain relief and gut injection yesterday. We booked an appointment for today for a check up (they said she could have more pain relief and gut injection if needed) but did say that if she is eating 'normally' then just give them a call as they wouldn't be a need for the appointment.

Star has eaten today but I wouldn't call it 'normal'. She has poo'd and is hopping around a little more today but still quite 'quiet'.

So my question, would you still take her to the appointment today or leave it until 3/4 days when she is due her next post op appointment?

Thanks

If she is now eating a little and pooing I'd call the Vet and see if he/she agrees that the stress of another journey would be counterproductive and to continue monitoring her today. If you think she is uncomfortable ask the Vet if you can collect a dose of analgesia to give her at home. It would be a shame to have to add to her stress by moving her around again if it can be avoided.

If she is now eating a little and pooing I'd call the Vet and see if he/she agrees that the stress of another journey would be counterproductive and to continue monitoring her today. If you think she is uncomfortable ask the Vet if you can collect a dose of analgesia to give her at home. It would be a shame to have to add to her stress by moving her around again if it can be avoided.

Thanks, that is what I was kind of thinking .... I will give the vets a call now.

Back