• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pickle Doesn't Seem Right

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
He doesn't seem his usual bubbly self.
He has munched on some grass only because I shoved it infront of his face, but it wasn't euthiastically as usual.
Put some more grass in their hay rack and Toffee and Ghostie bounded over to it to have a scoff and he just still sits there.
He had his VHD yesterday and I have given him a thorough check and he seems fine, but I'm no expert, he is moving about, he hopped off my lap, but wasn't struggling much while holding him.
I have only had a half day at sixth form today so am wondering if he's just not as active now as he usually is when I get back, but when I was off last week he seems fine.
Might let him free range and see how he feels :?

Hun after all these stasis threads, if you can not tempt him with his fave foods/herbs i would take him to the vet straight away for a gut stimulant and metacam, rather than wait, incase it is the start of stasis.

Hun after all these stasis threads, if you can not tempt him with his fave foods/herbs i would take him to the vet straight away for a gut stimulant and metacam, rather than wait, incase it is the start of stasis.

Oh ****. I was praying to God it wouldn't be that.
Will try and tempt him with some carrot and if he doesn't eat that, will try and get mum to come home early otherwise I can't get there :(

The only way I could get there would be to illegally drive.
He is currently eating some carrots, didn't come up to the bars as usual but did once he realised what I had.
Again, he is eating, just a little bit slower than normal and less like a pig!

The only way I could get there would be to illegally drive.
He is currently eating some carrots, didn't come up to the bars as usual but did once he realised what I had.
Again, he is eating, just a little bit slower than normal and less like a pig!

I would keep an eye on him incase it is the start of it, but as long as he is eating then yay!

I would keep an eye on him incase it is the start of it, but as long as he is eating then yay!

I will call up the vets anyway to see if I can talk to them and see what they say.
I'm utlra panicking :cry::cry:
Am out there every 5 seconds.
Am waiting for him to do a happy flop. He usually does them with Ghostie but he was all hunched up a while ago. :?

If he has been hunched i would definately not take any chances and get him to the vets straight away.

Went out to see him and he was hopping about :?
Kris, he sometimes hunches himself up - like Truffle used to do - baby chick impression.
Am calling vets now.

VHD jabs can make them tired. I know Honey usually stops eating when she has hers so I would keep an eye on him and take him back if you're not happy. When Honey had her first one she stopped eating and then needed two injections before she was OK again. Hope he feels a bit more lively soon.

As long as he is eating a bit and pooing a bit then its very likely he is just feeling a bit below par because of the VHD Vaccine.

Am debating whether to take him or not.
Will have to wait from mum to get back so thats 1-2 hours and really don't want to stress him out in the car :?

Or shall I keep a close eye and hope it's just his VHD making him tired? And maybe pop him over tomorrow for a quick checkup?

Am debating whether to take him or not.
Will have to wait from mum to get back so thats 1-2 hours and really don't want to stress him out in the car :?

Or shall I keep a close eye and hope it's just his VHD making him tired? And maybe pop him over tomorrow for a quick checkup?

What has his poo output been like today ?

Lots of vibes for Pickle. I hope he picks up soon. He might just be having an off few hours but if your worried then take him in for a quick check up.

Have seperated him for a bit and as soon as I see any poos will let you know.
He seems fine, not really stressed.
Will probably go for checkup today.

Back