• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure where to post rabbits making nests!!

deja224

Alpha Buck
Ok i posted yesterday about the rabbits that where left with me and today we have a problem we sexed the bunnys last night as 2 females one male today the two females are making nests i have moved them to diffrent hutches opened or big huch which has the two 'spayed' bunnys which we where given last week and there was a nest i have moved her bonded friend to a diffrent hutch, so could it be that all 3 will be having litters or somthing else, im off to buy another hutch so they will all have there own space, what feed will they need if they do have litters any help be great :?

I'm a little confused?

So there was a boy and two girls in together?
How long were they together for and are any of them fixed?

You then go on to say about a bonded pair?
Are they fixed and why have they been seperated if bonded?

we have 7 the bunnys i am posting about are the two we took on last week and the ones who came yesterday

The two we took on last week are female and i was told they where spayed, i didnt see where they came from but one of them is making a nest.

The rabbits we got given yesterday where 2 girls and a boy I put the girls in one hutch and the boy in another and today both the girls have made nests. (i dont no the back ground so dont no how long they been with the male)

All the girls are close ie following each other every where but today they have been guarding there nest so thats why i had to move them, i didnt want them fighting.

Hope this makes more sense

they have been through enough stress at the moment, we may think about rehoming some later on thank you for your advice the rabbits are going to have check up at vets later

You have 3 potentially pregnant buns.

If they have an average of 6 each, that is another 18.

Can you afford to vaccinate and neuter all of these when they are of age?

If i was you, i would give them up to a rescue or opt for the emergency spay.

thank you for your advice i was really after feeding advice ect, i wasnt looking to re-home them, As it is its to late to spay them and they are to stressed and scared

thank you for your advice i was really after feeding advice ect, i wasnt looking to re-home them, As it is its to late to spay them and they are to stressed and scared

Hi, the chances are they are pregnant if they have been with the male but sometimes rabbits do make a nest without being pregnant (my rabbit has done this twice now). Like someone else said, if they are pregnant, there is approx 18 babies on their way which is a lot for anyone and to find homes for when they are old enough too.

I can understand that they are scared after what they have been through but maybe it would be worth thinking about it? after all if a rescue could help (maybe with even one of the bun's) that would take some of the 'pressure' of you?

If you do decide to keep them, then there isn't that much to do in additon to the 'normal' looking after. Just ensure the does have plenty of food and water and some peace when (if) the time comes.

Back