• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

now I can stop panicing about Star, u/d re charges...

happypreso

Alpha Buck
Star's op has been done under a 'new vet' (you may remember my 'what shall I do' post and 'the old vets being funny about treating star in the future'.) Anyway, I had decided that Star & Bugs would go to the new vets and Holly & Angel would stay at the old vets *but* I think I have decided to transfer them all over to the 'new vets'.

My experience of Stars spray has been a real positive one. When i picked Star up yesterday, they said about the blanket, not straw/hay, said about the pain relief and the gut jab (can't remember the proper name, sorry) and to make sure she is eating and drinking and to call if I wasn't happy/unsure about anything.

Today, for her check up, the vet (that my appointment wasn't with) came to check on Star and asked how she was etc, which I thought was nice and then nurse gave her a good check over and gave her more pain relief and the gut injection as well. As Star hadn't eaten that much, we have another appointment booked for tomorrow (only to go to if Star hasn't eaten that much by then) and the nurse has ensure that it will be with her as she felt Star today so could remember and notice any difference. The bill today (for the pain releif and gut injection) came to £22 and the nurse said no promises but I will ask if we can do a discount!! She was saying that if I did come back again tomorrow, then that would be another £22 which is more than the spray inself! I thought that was a great gesture! (I dont know if I have got a discount or not, but glad that she will ask!).

My old vets, when asked re a discount said 'no way' (this was for 2 sprays & 1 neuter plus 4x mixi jabs and 2x vhd jabs!) and Bugs (who was neutered at the old vets didn't get one single post op check up....

anyway, enough of me waffling on, I am off to bed after a final check on Star x

Last edited:
Glad you have found a good vet now, wish they were all decent like that. Glad Star is doing OK too.

It is nice and the people are nice so lets just hope the people that are currently there stay there! I was tired last night but I was going to mention the jabs as well - bugs & star had theirs at the 'new vets' and got a check up - temp, teeth, stomach, ears - before the jabs whereas Holly & Angel went to the 'old' vets and didn't get any of that - just the jab!

well I went back to the vets last night (I call and they said too) and the vet checked her again and said all is well. She had 2 more injections (which I assume was £22 again) and they sent me home with something to go in her water and something to fed to her and asked me to return tomorrow.

So, my bill for this? £39.99 for the spay on Mon ... then £22 for the jabs on tue and easy another £30 on wed and I have tomorrow to go and what did they *actually* charge me ........................

£17.95!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it (and tomorrow's check up is free!!!)

so chuffed (not just about the money but the service/care too) and I am def transferring my other 2 rabbits onto the 'new vets'.

Back