• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do...

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Rabbits tummies rumble if they get too hungry?

Its just ive had a thread on trapped gas as i thought Fudge was full of trapped gas as i kept hearing gas but when i went to give tummy rubs i couldnt feel the gas......it was confusing!!!

I did stop her veg 3 nights ago due to her getting gas but i still hear the gas but since stopping the veg cant feel it (If that makes sence :roll:)

Im thinking she is hungry as her veg made up most of her diet with a little pellets and she ate minimum hay!
I have noticed since reducing her veg she is eating more hay!

So can their tummies rumble?

Ok so i had another good feel and she has a little gas, i then lay down with my ear against her tummy and her tummy is making quiet bubbly noises (like a pan of boiling water)

Should i give some more infacol until i can get her to the vet tomorrow?
she is on metecam for her teeth can i give the infacol with her metacam? I also have some zantac here would it be a good idea to give some zantac?

Any advice appreciated :wave:

It's hard to tell if it's gas without hearing... but if you put your ear to her stomach you should be able to hear gentle sounds from her tummy. There is nothing wrong with that, it means her guts are working. It's when you can't hear anything that is the problem. Obviously very loud rumbling and gurgling is a sign of gas.

Back