• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gizmo's eye seems really red U/D,Post 5 back from the vets

Lil_Luci

Mama Doe
The area around gizmo's eye looks a lot redder/pinker than normal :? I'm not sure what to do with it, do you think it would be best to take him to the vets to be on the safe side? Its only on one eye, and the other looks completely normal.

Last edited:
Have made an appointment, gotta be there for 5:50. Am a bit worried that it could be his teeth? Can those sorts of problems take a while to show up? because he's nearly 2 now. Its lucky I just got my loan, because I'd have been stuck otherwise!
Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? as the vet doesnt seem too rabbit savy, so i'd like to have a clue about what i'm talking about!

Back from the vets now. She asked if he was eating ok, which he is, had a good look at his teeth, said they are all fine :) Looked at his poorly eye, and noticed there was a piece of hay, trapped between his eye and his eye lid :( poor little baby :( She said it can't have been in there very long, because it hasn't caused any tissue damage, or damaged the eye, which is good! She has given me some antibiotic eye cream for him, which i have to do twice a day for 7 days. He sat there as good as gold while she put it in :love: Bet he doesnt do the same for me!! :evil:
Am quite impressed though, she gave him a long teeth check, cut his claws, gave his face a trim, gave him his myxi booster, and this antibiotic ointment, and it only came to £24.96! I thought I'd paid about that just for his myxi jab last time! Not complaining though! I'm just so glad it isnt his teeth!

Back