• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carriers for contis?

giantbunnymummy

Warren Veteran
Can anyone recommend a good carrier for a giant bun please? I want something big enough for Daisy (conti) and her soon to be husbun **crosses fingers, touches wood** Jester, who's only little.

At the moment Daisy has a cat carrier which she completely fills on her own and she's quickly outgrowing it. She's got a 2.5 to 3hr journey soon to go and meet Jester, so I want her to be comfy.

I've looked at Atlas 40 carriers on the web, but they don't sound that much bigger than her cat carrier, just a lot heavier!

Anyone recommend anything? :wave:

ETA: As I don't have a car it needs to be an actual carrier rather than a car box thingy you put in the boot for dogs

Last edited:
i have something very similar to this as i have bertie the frenchie and bif...but at one point i had humungus frenchie doe willow...she was the size of a small conti i was told by someone waiting in the vets one day:shock: sorely missed.

you can take it off wheels to get it in a taxi...but you will need help i always do as i get stuck:lol: if your buns are ok by bus its great......or youre within walking distance......its easier on your arms too!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DOG-STROLLER-...14&_trkparms=72:1686|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

i have something very similar to this as i have bertie the frenchie and bif...but at one point i had humungus frenchie doe willow...she was the size of a small conti i was told by someone waiting in the vets one day:shock: sorely missed.

you can take it off wheels to get it in a taxi...but you will need help i always do as i get stuck:lol: if your buns are ok by bus its great......or youre within walking distance......its easier on your arms too!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DOG-STROLLER-...14&_trkparms=72:1686|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Nothing helpful to say other than OMG I WANT ONE :love:

I got a huge one from Argos last Friday for my conti and i took all three of them to the vets on saturday and ended up putting my two others into this one as it was sooo big and my conti into the old carrier i have and it was really good value, it was only about £14.69 and very big!!

OMG it's wonderful, I want one!!!

Unfortunately I think the o/h would kill me if I bought this as he's the one who takes Daisy to the vets and will be taking her over to BARC on the train :lol:

I got a huge one from Argos last Friday for my conti and i took all three of them to the vets on saturday and ended up putting my two others into this one as it was sooo big and my conti into the old carrier i have and it was really good value, it was only about £14.69 and very big!!

Thanks Kelly, I'll have a look on the Argos website, see if I can find it. The Atlas carriers I was looking at were about £65 -£100+, so £14.95 sounds like a bargain!

Thanks Kelly, I'll have a look on the Argos website, see if I can find it. The Atlas carriers I was looking at were about £65 -£100+, so £14.95 sounds like a bargain!

They are really good honestly, they look small on the site and i was quite worried but i was VERY surprised and pleased when i got it home and fixed it all up, i thought i would have to buy him a bigger one as he gets bigger but i think this will last him a very long time!

Thanks Denise, will check the carriers out - they certainly look big / sturdy. I'm looking forward to seeing the buns together too, just hope Daisy doesn't sit on poor little Jester and squash him or anything! :lol:

Daisy will be a good girl I'm sure :) Our little Alfie used to live with our British Giant Jemima & they adored each other - it was so cute to see little & large bunnies :love::lol:

Daisy will be a good girl I'm sure :) Our little Alfie used to live with our British Giant Jemima & they adored each other - it was so cute to see little & large bunnies :love::lol:

I'm hoping Daisy will be nice too! She's so desperate for cuddles from my three cats - she chases them and shoves her head underneath any cat foolish enough to stand still for a moment :lol: - that I'm hoping when she meets a real bunny she'll be too over the moon to be naughty ;)

I have the Atlas 40 for my two contis but I need help to move it anywhere - it is sooo heavy.
Last week mine fitted into a large cat carrier, but that was only for a short visit for their vaccs.
I don't envy you carting them around without a car - mine are like a dead weight in their carriers - about 15kilo incl the carrier!

I have the Atlas 40 for my two contis but I need help to move it anywhere - it is sooo heavy.
Last week mine fitted into a large cat carrier, but that was only for a short visit for their vaccs.
I don't envy you carting them around without a car - mine are like a dead weight in their carriers - about 15kilo incl the carrier!

I've just been looking again at the Atlas 40 (yesterday I was convinced it was only slightly bigger than the cat carrier I use at the moment, but I seem to have measured it wrong as the Atlas is quite a bit bigger ... might've been a cm/inches mistake :oops: :lol:)

So, do both your contis fit into it comfortably?

I can't decide now between the atlas 40 and the size two of the vari kennel http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/carriers/plastic_cages/60777#more (bigger but lighter)

Decided to go with a stronger, more expensive carrier as I want something that should last a good few years. just don't know which one.

Back