• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone recommend a good brush

susiemae

Mama Doe
As the title says really. Domino is moulting quite badly and none of the fur seems to be coming out properly and Im worried that either he or Cookie will end up with fur blockages or stasis from grooming. I have a brush which I tried brushing him with the other day, its just a regular brush with short bristles and didnt really remove that much of the loose fur. Domino hates been handled and gets really distressed when I do, so I need something quite quick and effective. Any ideas anyone

Each of my bunnies have their own brush because all their fur is different and not one brush suits all of them!

Have you tried the rubber grooming mits, or a Zoom groom? They're quite good for buns with "flying fur". Tufty fur that doesn't want to come out i've found a comb is good and combing backwards!

Or, just wet your hands and rub over their coat, this takes alot of the loose fur off.

I use a nit comb for Lolas long bits and a baby brush for their short bits and Lucy.

Lucy LOVES being brushed very briskly! :love:

I've 'road tested' quite a few brushes :lol: and my favourite is the rubber one - it's like a Zoom Groom but with a strap that goes over your hand. I picked it up from Tesco, but I'm sure some of the smaller pet shops sell them too.

Rubber washing up gloves are good for molting bunnies, don't be too rough though. If you dampen your hand and brush it across the coat, loose hairs also stick. If you really gently tug patches of hair, the dead bits will come loose. Nit/flea combs are also very good.

I find a metal comb is best for Charlies long bits, it's the only thing that can get through it :shock:
For the rest of him and for Mable I use one that was in the grooming kit thing I got when he was a baby:)

Back