• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

too worried to put her in garden

sam and nala

Alpha Buck
last week my giant nala had to have a toe amputated!:(

we dont no how it happened but she basically stripped all flesh,nerves,veins the lot off her toe and was just left with bone.

i think it may of happened in her run whilst having a mad half hour but on inspecting run could not find blood or flesh nothing and the run is not sharp or anything. but i also checked my house and still nothing so i dont no how she has done it

anyway i am now really scared to put her back into the run or even in the garden incase she hurts herself again.........is this mean? she is a house rabbit who is not too fond of being out anyway she'd rather lay on her dog bed snoring than be outside :lol: but is it cruelty to not let her out, she has full run of my bedroom which is huge and my adjoining bathroom 24/7 so she is not stuck in a crate all day but i dunno im just confused with what to do for the best

any advice would be greatly appriciated

Loopylop as a house bunny that hates going outside. It isn't cruel and after all she is doing what she wants to do. I would be inclined to let her decide what she wants to do:D

Strawberry hates going outside! Because our garden isnt secure if he goes out if has to be in a run on the garden or on the patio at the side of my back door that is about 3ft wide by 10ft long. He doesnt like being confined to a space and would prefer to be free range downstairs in the house where he has loads of room compared to being in a run on the garden.

Our floppy is the other way don't like been in :( i'm with Kay on this one let her do what she wants to do, wouldn't like to think you'd been forced into the garden if you didn't want to :D

thanks for advice i think i will just let her stay in where she is happy and is less likley to damage herself :lol:

Back