• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola is being mean to Lucy - advise please.

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

For the last 48 hours Lola seems to be being mean to Lucy. She is chasing her again and nipping her bum and has pulled a fair bit of fur out this morning. She is humping her again too. She seems to be grunting at us when we tell her off from being mean to Lucy as well and bit Steff the other night.

She has had a health check, she is fine. She is eating (see other thread) like a horse and is the usual Lola but just seems a bit more grumpy. Little Lucy has not done anything wrong at all.

One minute she is nipping Lucy and the next grooming her furiously snuggled up next to her.

Is this normal?

Thanks folks.

Last edited:
Sounds a lot like my two.

It went on for a week, Phoebe was really bullying Teddy and normally they are best friends. She would chase him, not allow him to move anywhere and nip him. She would herd him into a corner and then groom him furiously. It's all calmed down now though! As long as Lucy isn't retaliating I would leave them be.:)

I don't know if either had a vet visit before this behaviour started, but that's what started my two off, even though they were at the vets together!

Strawberry has been nipping Snowdrop recently. I am working form home this morning so sat in the bunny room doing my marking and he is horrible to her at times! Nipping her to get her to move, she was asleep in the bed earlier and he nipped her to wake her up and get her to move so he could lie down!!!

my ted has been seriously grumpy too, where petal has went really mellow which is a good thing. hope their okay again.

My pair fiver and mose do this sometimes. Hopefully it is just like the others have said. Fingers crossed this passes and they go back to all day loving! :love:

My 2 girlies are exactlly the same right now Cat.
It's been going on for a month though. I was even thinking of splitting them it's been that bad. Missy is being bossed around constantly by Tishy and when I try to isolate Missy and give her some parsley or just some loving Tishy goes crazy and bites me and growls. Can't wait for it all to be over.

A few of my bunnies are playing up too. Espec when out in the garden/runs.

Its Spring.

Do you want me to send Preston over, to keep Lola in line ;) ;) :lol:

Back