• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nightmare Situation - U/D 30th April 1455hrs Murphy 'Stable'

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
The mass Myxo Vaccination was postponed from last Monday due to lots of Emergencies at the Surgery and the fact I had a seriously ill Bun too. The vaccinations were all done yesterday.
I now have 3 Rabbits who are VERY poorly, presumably due to a reaction to the Vaccination :cry: Dermot has a chronic gut problem and he is now in full blown GI stasis, he his completely flat and unresponsive :cry: He's had all his meds and is on fluids and a heatpad.
Murphy has a chronic EC related Uveitis. This morning he too is in GI stasis :cry: He is not as flat as Dermot but is clearly poorly and anorexic. He too has had meds and fluids and is now resting back with Felicity (who could not be vaccinated yesterday due to last weeks epic when she very nearly died)
Eddie has a history of Vestibular Disease and Respiratory Tract Infections. Eddie is now very congested and his headtilt has returned :cry: He is now back on his abx and he has had a shot of Metacam. At least he is still eating and pooing at the moment.

Me and Christabel both agreed that the risk of not vaccinating these three Buns was too great given the current very high Myxomatosis risk. But now they are all poorly anyway and by the looks of him Dermot may not make it :cry::cry:

Sorry to go on, but I am exhausted from the stress and the worry. I am soooooo anxious about a Myxo outbreak and almost have a panic attack every time I see a mozzie. I am constantly chasing the neighbourhood moggies out of my garden incase they have fleas and as for the Urban Foxes and their fleas...........................:evil:

I am at my wits end here and I dont know if I can do this anymore

:cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Hang in there, Jane. :( You should do something nice for yourself as soon as these bunnies get well. You truly deserve it, and I think all 45 bunnies would agree. You can't help the bunnies if you are too overwhelmed yourself to keep a level head and a healthy mind and body.

Sending lots of vibes and hoping all three get better soon.

Like you said, it's a nightmare, especially on top of what you've been through in the last few weeks..sending vibes for all three poorly buns... x

I hope they all start to improve soon.

I can't imagine the stress you are under - as soon as any one of mine refuses food I start feeling really stressed. The week when I rushed 3 to the vets over the course of 6 days was hard enough but three really poorly at the same time, I really don't envy what you going through :cry::cry::cry:

Sending vibes for your 3 poorly rabbits.

I honestly think you are amazing for all the time, effort, dedication and love you put into your rabbits. They don't realise how lucky they are getting you as a bunny mum. And as others have said I can't even begin to imagine how stressful it must be for you as I'm a mess when 1 bun gets ill.

Hope things improve soon xx

Oh Jane i'm so sorry :cry: I really don't know how you do it.

Sending loads of vibes for all the poorly buns. If anyone can help them through this, its you.

Big hugs xxxxx

How awful for you. You must be completely exhausted.
I hope they all make a recovery soon xx
Lucia

OMG Jane im so sorry.How is Eddie now?Blue is still very poorly from his myxo jab.Could it be possible that there is a dodgy batch of vaccines!

OMG Jane im so sorry.How is Eddie now?Blue is still very poorly from his myxo jab.Could it be possible that there is a dodgy batch of vaccines!

I dont think its the Vaccine otherwise all my Buns would now be ill.
I think with Eddie, Dermot and Murphy they just cant cope with the Immune Response the vaccine triggers because of their chronic health problems :cry:

I have just spoken with Wendy (Vet) and she has advised I do not take the ill Rabbits to the surgery. They are already receiving all the necessary treatment and stressing them out with transporting them would be pointless.
She is getting a load more meds/fluids/drips ready for me to collect this morning.

I was supposed to be at a Hospital Appointment myself at 1000hrs but I've just phoned them to say I cant get there. No doubt I'll be in for a :censored:ing for that :roll:

:cry:

Oh Jane, I am sorry. It seems like it's one thing after the other for you :(

I hope the 3 bunsters rally and get over this.

Please take care of yourself (hugs) xx

Oh Jane what an awful situation - I can completely empathise with you :cry: Your poor little fellas, sending them lots & lots of vibes to be well soon & cuddles, as well as big hugs for you xxxx

Please look after yourself too Jane through this xxx

I'm so sorry Jane. I know how you feel as we have quite a few bunies here that cannot be vaccinated and it is a real worry. But at the end of the day the way i have to look at it is that what is most important is their quality of life now, not in 6 months time, or if ,God forbid, there is the possibility that they do catch myxi in the future. Its also the reason that i don't worry too much about medication side effects, we have to live for the day here :)

Sending vibes for all your poorly bunnies

I will send lots of vibes jane for the sick bunnies xxx I know it's such a worry when they can't be vaccinated but you are doing everything you can.

My 2 buns used to be the same, which is when I made the decision to no longer vaccinate them. It's always so difficult to know what's best, especially with buns with a chronic condition, as you have no idea as to the length of time/quality of life they have left.

Really hope they pick up soon, and you can rearrange your hospital appointment.

Back