• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wag optimum...

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
is it as good as selective?

Im struggling to be able to have things delivered and the nearest selective supplier is 30 mins away in car...

Just wondering if this is any good?

AFAIK the fibre content is very similar to SS Origional.
I think its a reasonable pellet feed for a Bun on a good 80-90% hay diet :)

AFAIK the fibre content is very similar to SS Origional.
I think its a reasonable pellet feed for a Bun on a good 80-90% hay diet :)

Thanks Jane, all of the bunnies are on a high hay diet... they're all fantastic hay eaters...

Does anyone know if PAH sell it? If not, our asda do x

Thanks Jane, all of the bunnies are on a high hay diet... they're all fantastic hay eaters...

Does anyone know if PAH sell it? If not, our asda do x

P@H here dont sell it but Sainsbury's (Large stores) do :)
I wish my Buns would eat it as SS is costing me £18 a week :shock:

I swopped from ss to wagg a few months ago becasue of the cost - apart from a fussy pair who turned their noses up at it they all took to it easily. However I mix it with some ss and admitedly the buns will eat the ss first as it must taste better

I would just double check with Wagg that they are continuing with this food! I've noticed A LOT of places have sold it off cheaply and are not restocking... makes me wonder if it's being discontinued....

I wrote to Wagg and asked for a sample and they sent me a 50p voucher. My buns go mad for it I'm using it with Science as a mix.

i prefer it.. tiny little pellets so less seems like more and i dont feel so mean when its pellet time cus they seem to think theres loads where SS was only a few pellets at a time and they looked disappointed :lol::lol:

i also like the fact its not got alfalfa in with pearl being a porky madam

I love Wag, and have used the optimum and normal mix versions. I'm no expert on fibre and protein contents, but I've never had a problem with the brand. It's cheap too, and can be baught at most supermarkets. I have picky eaters, but because the Wag mix dosen't have loads of tiny little see bits, they always eat the whole thing.

I've just put my buns on it, mixed with Supa and they love it, my greedy little **** will eat anything though!

THey are loving it which im pleased about... with 5 hungry buns all insured i don't wana be paying a fortune for food. 10kg usually lasts a while however if i can save money then its worth it :)

Back