• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed of bunnies?

William

Wise Old Thumper
Awesome! Man I'd love to adopt them.. I'd have to persuad my parents, and they love netherlands too so that shouldn't be too hard.. My 2 male buns are going to get neutered next week so after these guys are old enough to get neutered (and after my 2 have been neutered for 8 wks) they could all be friends :D And I have over 100 grids so I could make a huge C&C cage, though if these two don't chew they could free range with Izzy (Jack might chew cords and furniture so he can't free range unsupervised).

2 photos of my Netherland dwarf Hazel (I lost him 5 months ago) He was about 10 weeks in these photos.

022g.jpg

023w.jpg

Eyes are large also, have you got any closer photos you could show us.

I use to work in a pet shop, we got some what they thought were nethies. Told them they weren't Netherlands, but they insisted they were. Turns out when they were a little older that they weren't. They might be Nethie cross.

I don't really care if they are netherlands mixed with something else. I mean, I'd rather they were full bred, but they'll still be small probably.

:D :D My mom said maybe and to ask my dad and the lady also said I could have them. Poor things, they were given to her as a easter present. why do people do that?! Well, at least she's trying to find them a good home.

How old is the best time to get a bun neutered? It'd be nice to take my 2 and these guys in all at once to get them neutered, but I'm sure i'd need to postpone Izzy and Jack's neutering because they're probably too young. Definitely wouldn't want to risk anything.

Oh, too bad, I was hoping for around 3 months. Well I'll go ahead and have Jack & Izzy fixed next week then.

My dad doesn't want to get them because I just got a big 65g last week (a aquarium is not an animal though, and it was free, so what does that even have to do with rabbits?) and my mom really does want them. I hope we can persuade my dad :(

Male bunnies can be done from 12 weeks, depending on weight and how developed their bits are. Females should be a little older as their op is a bit trickier.

Okay, that's good. I can hold off on Jack and Izzy and get them all done together then. I'll have to determine how old they are by looking at their bits. I imagine they're around 2-3 1/2 months since petshops usually get them in at 2 months and this person had them since easter.

Yay, we're supposedly getting them tomorrow afternoon! :D And they're 1 pound or less, so that does sound like a nethie to me, or at least a mix of one. Surely other 2-3 month old weigh more than that.

Last edited:
Remember that male bunnies are still fertile for several weeks after their neutering, and their hormones will change slowly. They will still try to hump any female bunny, and you won't be able to bond them for at least two weeks after the operation, anyway. And don't assume that the bonding will work without any problems. You might end up with fighting bunnies all over the place. So think about this for a while, whether you would have space for two separate pairs if they don't get along.

Yeah, I have enough room for 4 separate buns. I've had 4 separate ones before. These two should stay together as long as I have them fixed at around 12 wks though. Just as long as they don't fight before then. I think when Izzy and Jack are fixed they will get along, he loves running out of my room to see him (when Jack is in his cage in the living room). Both of them seem curious and like sniffing each other through the bars, show no aggressive but I'm sure they would if Jack wasn't in a cage. So after 8 wks after op. it shouldn't be too hard to intro them all.. and these netherland dwarfs/mixes are males, and so are my 2.

How many pounds does Fidge way? He looks like my Mini Rex.

Yeah, I have enough room for 4 separate buns. I've had 4 separate ones before. These two should stay together as long as I have them fixed at around 12 wks though. Just as long as they don't fight before then. I think when Izzy and Jack are fixed they will get along, he loves running out of my room to see him (when Jack is in his cage in the living room). Both of them seem curious and like sniffing each other through the bars, show no aggressive but I'm sure they would if Jack wasn't in a cage. So after 8 wks after op. it shouldn't be too hard to intro them all.. and these netherland dwarfs/mixes are males, and so are my 2.

How many pounds does Fidge way? He looks like my Mini Rex.

She's 1.5 kg, not sure how much that is in pounds. I also have a mini rex and he is a fair bit bigger than Fidget

Back