• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Right Am I To Leave It Untill..

Its probably for the best as it would be stressful for the bunnies to move house. That will give you plenty of time to get everything ready and get as much information as you can.

I think it depends if you get them right before you move, like if your in the middle of packing. But they might be okay if you get them a few months before.

But if they're out side, and leave them the last minute before moving, I think they might be okay.

I've moved twice with bunnies in tow (rented accomodation can be unpredictable :censored: ) and whilst it's not ideal, it is do-able if you're very careful and put your bunnies above everything else. They must be the last thing to pack up and move, and the first thing to unpack at the other end. This means that setting up their hutch and run takes priority over the removal men harrassing you as to where items go etc.

I had the benefit of having a 2 week period inbetween each house move where i was the sole occupant of both houses. This enabled us to be able to set most things up at the new house before we went back and picked up the bunnies so everything was alreday set up for them when they got there.

Another option is to put them in a nearby bunny boarding home a couple of days before you leave to completely avoid the stress of being moved about in such stressful conditions (believe me, moving house is almost always stressful :lol: ) and pick them up a couple of days after you've moved. That way you could get everything moved and ready for them before bringing them back to the new house and also, since rabbits pick up the stress from their owners/family very easily, you will avoid stressing them out further by getting yourselves sorted out before bringing htem to the new home.

Last edited:
Back