• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BBC Oxford News LINK ADDED RE: DUMPED PETS

hurricanhoney

Wise Old Thumper
Did anyone see it at lunch time. They had lots of bunnies on as they were doing a feature about the RSPCA and the number of dumped pets being blamed on the recession. I think its going to be on again at 6.30 I'm recording it. They had a gorgeous Lionhead lop and my dad couldn't believe anyone could dump it.

Here's the link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8021006.stm

Last edited:
Was that South Today? It's my local RSPCA and I've met Graham the black and white bunny.

He was bonded to a male called Alan, as in Graham norton and Alan Carr as per their, well, behavior :oops::lol:

When I looked on their website I couldn't see Alan, only Graham :cry:

I could adopt them all given the chance. However when we were looking in Feb, they said the bunnies weren't hanging around long and were finding homes really quickly.

Poor Graham though :cry:

Was that South Today? It's my local RSPCA and I've met Graham the black and white bunny.

He was bonded to a male called Alan, as in Graham norton and Alan Carr as per their, well, behavior :oops::lol:

When I looked on their website I couldn't see Alan, only Graham :cry:

I could adopt them all given the chance. However when we were looking in Feb, they said the bunnies weren't hanging around long and were finding homes really quickly.

Poor Graham though :cry:

Yes that's it. He was gorgeous and the brown lop was beautiful to. Glad they are finding homes quickly.

I think some people are using the recession as an excuse.

I know some peoples circumstances change and they genuinely can no longer look after their pets, but I also believe there are people who have just got fed up and use the current financial climate as a get out clause.

A black and white bunny called Graham! I cant let my OH see or he will be ringing up to get him! He loved our Graham.

A black and white bunny called Graham! I cant let my OH see or he will be ringing up to get him! He loved our Graham.

He is lovely and probably one of their longest residents, I dont know much about him but god know why he is no longer with Alan, maybe someone just wanted one of them :(

The recession or any other reason can never warrant DUMPING an animal. For heavens sake I know some people genuinely cant cope, but even if you cant drive to the nearest rescue at least call them to hand your pet in... Some of the circumstances are shocking, like the 9 bunnies being chucked from a car a while back. I met one of them and she was the happiest, cutest little bun I have ever met, how anyone could dump her, especially from a moving car is beyond me :censored::evil:

Back