• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cuprinol Garden Shades - £3.91 at Tesco

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
I thought this might come in handy if anybody is thinking of redecorating their bunny mansions. :lol::lol:

As the title says - I just bought 3 tins of Cuprinol Garden Shades wood treatment for £3.91 each. :D:D:D That's for the 2.5l tins; I just checked on B&Q's website and they're £19. :shock::shock: They were in the clearance/seasonal aisle (where easter eggs were) so stock might vary by store, but they had loads in Tesco Lakeside - various shades of green, but also some Country Cream.

My local one had the green bunny warren type tubes in the other day - £3 each.
They were on one of those end-of-aisle displays of random stuff!:lol:

Focus were discounting heavily a month or so back and my friend bought me 8 tins of various pastel colours for me to do up my wendy houses (lovely friend!).

£5 a tin and I thought that was good! I know our Tesco doesn't have such things....

Can't wait to see photos of your newly painted rabbity home(s):D

I dont think its very good:? I painted my shed with it and it leaked,Ive just used the ronseal stuff and its stayed dry so think thats a better one

I dont think its very good:? I painted my shed with it and it leaked,Ive just used the ronseal stuff and its stayed dry so think thats a better one

Oh no, don't say that. :( I might try it out on something a bit smaller first and see how it goes. I've used one with wax in on the rabbit hutch and the water just runs off, it's brilliant, but fancied a bit of colour next time.

Helen, what a lovely gesture from yor friend. :love: I'd love to see pics when it's done. :D You won't be seeing any photos from me for a while - I've got the paint but am looking for a new rabbit palace. I like doing things backwards. :lol::lol:

Sorry you couldn't find any joob-joobs. :(:(

I got some! There were only two tins, both shades of green. They are now sitting in my kitchen waiting on a nice day to get a chance to use them! :D

Hooray, glad you found some in the end. :love: I got Willow, which is a lovely pale green. :):) The run's been half painted with it but the weather's been pants the last couple of days so I haven't finished it.

Hooray, glad you found some in the end. :love: I got Willow, which is a lovely pale green. :):) The run's been half painted with it but the weather's been pants the last couple of days so I haven't finished it.

It' terrible isn't it. It's like winter up here! :shock:

Thanks for letting us know about this. A very good bargain! Especially as I went to B&Q about a month and a half ago to get some... before I realised how expensive it was! I wasn't planning on getting green shades but at that price I couldn't resist. Plus the covers are green so they will look lovely once they've been done. :love:

It' terrible isn't it. It's like winter up here! :shock:

I know, I had to get my big winter coat back out. :?

I couldn't believe the original price either. :shock::shock: I saw the other day that Wilko do their own brand of garden shades paint now too, which works out cheaper than the cuprinol - not as good as Tesco price though.

Last night when I was in Tesco I thought I'd nip over on the off-chance that they might have more of these in.... There was one tin left so I nabbed it.

It was the bargain of the century.. it scanned at 1p! How good is that!

I went home with a bottle of wine and a tin of this for £4! :D

Last night when I was in Tesco I thought I'd nip over on the off-chance that they might have more of these in.... There was one tin left so I nabbed it.

It was the bargain of the century.. it scanned at 1p! How good is that!

I went home with a bottle of wine and a tin of this for £4! :D

:shock::shock::shock:

Good grief, I must get down there tonight!

I couldn't find any in tesco but managed to get them for £4.99 in the depot, Leicester Haymarket. No wine for me then!

My sheds could do with a re-painting. :D

shame I have the god-awful advert song in my head :lol:
we are the wood preservation society :lol:

Back