• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccinated Rabbits- Nodular Myxi- Multi Rabbit Household

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
OK, I am obviously in major paranoid neurotic mode today.
My Buns are all vaccinated but of course this does not give 100% protection. So what if one or, god forbid, more came down with Nodular Myxi. As I have so many Rabbits I wonder if those with Nodular Myxi would need to be PTS to try to contain the outbreak ??????????????????

Sorry for this 'worst case scenario' thread but I cant stop thinking 'what if'........

Jane, we had two cases of nodular myxi - and you know we have a multi-bun household :lol::lol: Florence got it under her eye and it was a good sized nodule but she was fine in herself - she was with her 3 friends and they where fine as well :D

Willow had it on her nose, just the one large nodule - she was fine as well, and she was with her partner Nemo and the other buns in the bunny house.

I know it's a worry but you know the signs for myxi and you have a great vet :D It's just that a lot of vets still need to be taught :censored:

Meant to say, both cases of the nodular myxi where at the same time - and they had both been vaccinated a couple of months previously.

Jane a couple of years ago Samson and Delilha got Myxi, Samsons was full blown and Delilha's nodular. Both survived and at the time i had a total of 26 buns and no one else came down with it.

Jane a couple of years ago Samson and Delilha got Myxi, Samsons was full blown and Delilha's nodular. Both survived and at the time i had a total of 26 buns and no one else came down with it.

Thanks Phill.
I think I am just having a major attack of the jitters today :oops:

Thanks Phill.
I think I am just having a major attack of the jitters today :oops:

Jane i was oaranoid the entire time Samson was ill, only when he was recovering and no one else had fallen ill did i start to relax, i will send you hugs Jane xx

Back