• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

giant diet

i'm sure this question has been asked loads but here it goes!

Do giant buns need to be feed a jounior food for a period of time to help with growing? (i'm looking at getting a french lop). I know not to change food straight over and do it gradually but i'm sure i read somewhere that they should be feed a jounior food for the first 6-12 months?

thanks

Willow,my french lop was just fed excel but adlib until she was 12months.Barley,also a french lop was fed junior excel until it said on bag[sorry cant remember when]then went over to normal excel.Both had alfalfa until 12months but Willow also had Ready Grass.Willow grew up to be 15lbs and B grew up to be 9-10lbs.Not sure if the size difference is the way they were fed or bred but as B was half the size of Will at 3months I would say it was the breeding.

Hmm. I never fed my conti giant junior food, but hes on the small side for a conti. Hes nearly a year old and weighs only 5.2kg. Hes always been fed normal excel, but adlib. He did weigh 6.5kg at one point, but i recently changed to A&P and his weight has dropped. Once the A&P has gone, he will be changed back :)

xXx

we now have 10 frenchies and they are all on A&P pellets.they were on junior pellets untill 6 months.I do find they dont last being given an egg cup of pellets like some owners do on here,i give them a bowl a day and unlimited hay.none of them have dental/weight probs.i found they were biting me and the family in the hope we were food when we tried giving less food:lol:

I was told by my vet to use Junior for a few months as its contains more nutrients for a rapidly growing body...Rapidly Growing body??? she wasn't wrong! :lol:

I have 25 giants of all breeds and never fed junior food, they need adlib dry food while they are youngsters and as always loads of hay.:D

Back