• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded Boy Bunnies

sidereus7

Mama Doe
Turns out that my Mimi may not be a girl after all! :shock: She started humping Eddison pretty relentlessly today, so I was checking her out, and I'm pretty sure I saw testicles. I'm going to try and get her to the vets tomorrow to confirm.

However, I am really nervous now. If she is a boy, I'm afraid of her having a falling out with Eddison. I am only allowed two bunnies in this little apartment, and my boyfriend also doesn't want any more than two. If they fall out. there isn't much place to separate them and let them run around.

How many of you out there have successful boy couples, and what can I do to make sure my two get along? Mimi was going to go in for a spay in about two weeks, but now it may be a neuter!

Oh boy... at least neuters are cheaper? :lol:

I know the feeling....when I brought Broken and Fixed home, Fixed immediately started going at it with Broken, I took them to the vet and was told I had a pair...we ended up getting Fixed neutered(that's how he got his name) then a few weeks later I'm holding Broken, who I was told was a girl and next thing I see are two little pink testicles! Even though I had two boys you would you never have guessed. Fixed was the more dominate one and Broken was very submissive...when we had to put Fixed down(due to an infection and a broken front leg), Broken went into depression because his mate was gone. That's how we ended up betting Reese's, who again we were told it was a girl turned out to be another boy. They get along too as if they were a boy and girl.

I know books, magazine, etc, say never put two boy rabbits together, but I now have had 2 times were I've had 2 boys and they haven't gotten into any fights or anything. I guess I've been lucky :)

That is really comforting to hear. Both of my buns are very submissive, and they do get along great so far. Even though Mimi has started to hump excessive, she/he hasn't gotten at all aggressive. I'm hoping she'll/he'll stay docile and they'll continue to be a lovely couple. Now I can dare to hope! :)

I'm no expert in this, but if they are both submissive, to me that will make it easier for them to get along. You might notice that one might try to be a little dominate than the other one, like in a wolf pack, but I know when we got Reeses there was already a 4 year difference and they get along as if they've been together for years, you would have to see the way the way my two bunnies act, but they always still groom each other and are always laying together side by side in someway always touching each other, it's so cute!

Back